Thread: Decel Enrichment

Decel Enrichment

I have a problem where I get a lean spike when coming off the throttle and think I need some extra enrichment on decel. What table needs to be modified like this and how do I go about doing it?

Also can anyone post up the steps required for tuning the accel and decel enrichment tables?

Cheers
    Benno

Most want it lean on decel (DFCO), how do you know its running lean, is it popping?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

What injector are you running? Assuming they are accurately modelled and airflow/airmass is also modelled correctly then you could look to transient fuelling.

DFCO is disabled.
    Its just a brief lean spike I'm getting, not like the car going into DFCO.
    I am running stock LS3 injectors with the stock injector data.
    Transient fuelling is what I want to adjust, just not sure what tables and how to tune each one etc.

Cheers
    Benno

If you're sure it's not transport delay not accurately reflected by your wideband and therefore an actual transient inaccuracy then I would look to the transient fuel mass tables. I must admit I don't understand the transient fuelling as well as I'd like and generally tackle such occurrences empirically and would recommend you do the same.

How lean are we talking here, it may be something that you could improve within the injector modelling itself such as the various adders if you can isolate the condition to a certain IPW or similar as opposed to a transient problem.

Long story, short. Have a play - one thing at a time and report back. I found that I had some success with Impact Factor Gain however they were aftermarket injectors without the correct modelling some years ago.

Good Luck

Pretty sure its not a wideband accuracy thing as the car even feels like it stumbles a bit when lifting off the throttle.

I have increased the fuel boil time table in the lower MAP areas. Not sure if this has done anything with my lean spike yet (will check the log when I get home this afternoon), car still doesn't feel smooth when coming off the throttle. However one positive is I managed to drive into work this morning at 20km/h in first gear without the car breaking into rodeo mode and bucking like crazy.

Did you find a solution to your problem? I have the opposite problem. A rich dip after the throttle is closed. I would like to fix this rather than rely on DFCO.

I have had the car off the road for a while so haven't had a chance to play around with this.
    Hopefully be back up and running soon and I will try sorting it out.

Cheers
    Benno