Thread: Too Much Hp in First

Tuner in Training

Too Much Hp in First

OK here is a kinda Backwards question. My Car has way too much Way too much power in first gear when the blow off valve closes 9 psi . Its a 2000 vette centrifugal supercharger. Traction control off.

My question is with traction control on. How will the system work properly when the engine is getting air Forced into it. My understanding is traction control cuts timing an or cylinders. So when this needs to happen in excessive amounts does the pcm cut fuel an the IAC cut air. But if iac closes it can't stop air pressure ...

Bottom line can I set up traction control to help me get through first fast an keep traction ????

I Now See the down side of a centrifugal supercharger and the benefits of turbo and a screw style supercharger.
    Last edited by titanium_skeleton; 01-11-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Senior Tuner
    2000 Vette has an electronic throttle body. No IAC. And even if if it did, that's not what an IAC does.

Senior Tuner
    There is always finite motor pumping flow so closing the
    throttle will drop manifold pressure. Assuming it is fast
    enough to respond; there might be a foot-race there.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    2000 Vette has an electronic throttle body. No IAC. And even if if it did, that's not what an IAC does.
    think you may want to to re check that its got one ... I am wrong on its operation Its for Idle circuit .....

Tuner in Training
    NO worries I will figure it out come spring ......