Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zr1 flat foot shifting tables?

If you make Spark the only rev control method trust me it will make fireballs haha. If you don't want fire but want that lazy throttle closing feel between gears gone then disable ETC and keep Fuel Cut enabled.

Here's some fireballs for ya!!!
    http://youtu.be/VODpzrTZafg
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    If you make Spark the only rev control method trust me it will make fireballs haha. If you don't want fire but want that lazy throttle closing feel between gears gone then disable ETC and keep Fuel Cut enabled.

what would the best setup to keep turbos spooled during shifts?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bump for the above question, and that is one sexy picture!

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Spark only will help keep turbo's spooled between shifts mainly because the raw gas combusts in the exhaust manifolds releasing pressure that spools the turbos. Ideally you would want to retard ignition timing as well so that when spark does fire on the limiter it fires late aiding the combustion in the exhaust. However without some sort of ignition retard box I'm not positive on how to achieve that.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY BOY View Post
    whose car is that ??

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY BOY View Post
    looks awesome

the Spark option retards the timing, it doesn't cut the spark.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Thank you. And not a very viable option on bigger power / FI cars, as even with heavily negative timing some cars will still have enough ass to continue to rev. So in some situations setting limiter to spark only, you may not have any rev limiter at all. So use that option with caution unless you want to chance tagging 9K on a missed shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Chris, I know this is a long shot so forgive my ignorance with this question. Is there any chance to be able to apply a SPARK CUT feature to the tunes, that way our ECM can perform on its own to be a 2-step? That would be ridiculously cool!
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Very interesting! There is an extreme rpm cutoff setting in most OS's as well that overrides everything or at least is supposed to in this case. I normally set it a couple hundred rpm above the normal rev limit. Chris clarify that for me if I'm wrong.
    ShorTuning

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post

Is this on a gen3 ECU? If so are you using the P/N limiter table to get it to 2 step?
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners