Thread: 02 Camaro M6 Rev Limiter Settings

Question 02 Camaro M6 Rev Limiter Settings

Since the M6 cars have a clutch pedal sensor, does the PCM truly know that it's in "park/neutral" when the clutch is depressed? I hadn't ever tried to set a two-step type rev limiter on a 6-speed before since I deal with automatics primarily. Just curious if someone out there has tried it and it works right. If so, I'll just set the revs in neutral to 4k and see how it does.

Long story short, the MSD Two-Step on the car is messed up and we're going to the track tonight. We have to have something to get this car to launch other than slipping it or holding it wide open at 7k off the line lol.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Works perfect and makes 11psi at 4600
    '20 AT4

Just out of curiousity are you using spark cut? I've set up the two step style stuff before but never used spark as the control method.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

It works well at the track but it triggers off the clutch interrupt switch so without modding the interrupt switch it engages whenever you touch the clutch pedal at all. Not a huge deal if you're going to set it at >=4k but when I had mine set at a wimpy 3k when I was driving around on the street as soon as I touched the clutch it would cut off if I was over 3k. It was pretty annoying. If I kept it I would have to change my driving behavior. In the end I just whacked it.

Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Just out of curiousity are you using spark cut? I've set up the two step style stuff before but never used spark as the control method.
    See I thought it was weird that there wasn't a spark cut option in that OS, but I'm used to all the 03+ DBW OS's having spark cut. I was initially going to do spark cut, but all I could do was fuel cut (no drop down enable box).

Fuel cut I kind of like better because I've had an issue with the MSD boxes killing plugs depending on what plug you run. TR6/TR7 no problem, but some of the local "hombre's" love the -8 plugs. Two step (spark method) on those plugs for some reason really fucks them up. The leanest afr I saw on the fuel cut was 16 but it honestly just helps spool the turbo at that point rather than wasting the energy of the fuel via spark cut.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    It works well at the track but it triggers off the clutch interrupt switch so without modding the interrupt switch it engages whenever you touch the clutch pedal at all. Not a huge deal if you're going to set it at >=4k but when I had mine set at a wimpy 3k when I was driving around on the street as soon as I touched the clutch it would cut off if I was over 3k. It was pretty annoying. If I kept it I would have to change my driving behavior. In the end I just whacked it.

Yeah I could see how it would effect it being that low, and with your rearend I don't blame you for setting it to 3k lol. The clutch switch on this car seems that if you have it about 30% depressed it will enable the limiter. It's a twin disc super stout clutch so you're basically on/off with it. I launched it on the street earlier at 4600 and it was like a rocket. I wanted to try this all out this afternoon so we don't look like idiots when we get to the track and the owner can't drive
    '20 AT4

Are you going to RPR tonight? I'll be there but just watching. Car is down for upgrades.
    Bill Winters

Yessir, probably heading there in an hour. Changing oil then putting the slicks on it and heading out. I'm kinda hard to miss, 6' 280 lol. Car is a red 02 with black accents.
    '20 AT4

I'll be in my daily. '00 honda Civic with a primered hood. All expendable budget goes to the vette.
    Bill Winters

Lol nice! I'm finally almost headed out there
    '20 AT4

So apparently this worked too good eh?

PS: My buddy with my old blower kit ended up running a 9.84 @ 143...1.4x 60'.
    Bill Winters

Potential Tuner
    How is it going jake, how wuz rpr bro i saw a vid off a c6 vette tha't bobby tuned it looked bad ass...
    Last edited by J Garza; 01-08-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    2008 SILVERADO CC |5.3L|CAM|STALL|GEARS|
    1999 SIERRA S/C |418ci|H/C/I|80e|B(.)(.)ST|

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    So apparently this worked too good eh?

PS: My buddy with my old blower kit ended up running a 9.84 @ 143...1.4x 60'.
    Lol yeah I picked up a souvenir off the track from the driveshaft. Will have a fully built Strange unit by next Friday.

That's Rollin out! Was cool finally meeting up after my failed attempts over the past couple years haha.

Quote Originally Posted by J Garza View Post
    How is it going jake, how wuz rpr bro i saw a vid off a c6 vette tha't bobby tuned it looked bad ass...
    Yeah Bill's vette runs good (different Bill lol). It's a custom grind nitrous cam and bolt ons. They couldn't get the FJO controller workin right.
    '20 AT4