Thread: Copy a percentage of a table

Tuner in Training

Copy a percentage of a table

If I'm compairing 2 diff tunes and say looking at timing, One tunes table is agressive and the other is stock. If you want to use say 50% of the differnece (so add that 50% difference to the stock one) or vise versa, is there a way to just copy the table it shows when compairing and take a percetage off and then apply the new one to whatever you want to change? Make sense or no?

Tuner in Training
    You could copy, then use paste special and multiply by a percent.

Tuner in Training
    I must be doing something wrong. It isn't changing anything when I use paste special.

Tuner in Training
    I'm sorry I just reread your post, what I said would work if you were doing something like logging ft in a histo and then applying to a table in the editor. Why not just highlight whatever data you're working with and multiply by whatever percentage you want. You could also take the difference between the 2 under "show differences" and do a copy and paste special => add or subtract. Maybe I'm not understanding your question.
    Last edited by tpy2kws6; 12-31-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thats what I tried that didn't change any cells. I was comparing the 2, went to the show difference part and copied that table. Went the the table I wanted to rewrite and did paste special - percentage - half. The color of some of the cells changed like they were edited, but the numbers were all the same. And the numbers were far enough off from one another that many should have deff changed.

To do what you want open the tune then open the one you want to copy over from in compare files. From there open the timing segment and look at the difference of the tunes enter .5 at the top then highlight the table and press multiply. That will give you half of the difference. If it does not work make sure that the last cell selected has a value entered if not it will not make changes.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Tuner in Training
    That did it. Thanks.