Thread: 2007 TBSS "security error" during first read.

Tuner in Training

2007 TBSS "security error" during first read.

I tried unplugging the fuse for my radio, I am still getting a HPT error of "invalid security" when trying to read the file off the pcm..... which lends to a broken HPT or a "tuner locked" pcm.

I already looked at the PCM to see if there are any stickers on it without any luck. PCM looks stock and has the correct vin number in it.

When I bought this earlier this year the truck came with Efans which seem to function properly, and intake, and a catback exhaust (now with a cat delete as well). I am going to make some logs and see what the timing is at and try to guess if the truck has been modded from that information. Anyone care to share what stock values I should be seeing?

Tuner in Training
    Did some scans...

Timing was a slow steady march from 25 ish to 29 at 6300 rpms. 1KR popped up here and there.

Fuel trims were leaning a bit rich, +4-5 most the time. Its cold out this way right now, and it has a little intake on it that probably doesnt help.

One thing that weirded me out... The TPS was only showing 83% at wide open? Scanned the "ETC pedal position" and it would get to 99% at wot, but why wouldnt the throttle position get to 99-100% at wide open?