Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 High Idle Please help

Tuner
    Very true... but the TPS is fully covered and on the side... by the way I cleaned out the TB by a rag and the cleaner... but I also used a ported and flowed TB and still received the same result......

Tuner
    Cleaned it out with a rag and cleaner... hand cleaned,, and made sure not to hit the connector... also the sensor comes with the TB together.. all in one piece.... so I doubt it would be the cleaner.. since I tried with a ported and flowed TB as well the stock TB... same issue on both...

I'd make sure you don't have a bent pin in the plug.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    awesome i'll check that out.. but the way how many vettes had to change their pedal to resolve the same issue as myself.

Advanced Tuner
    Can HP tuners do an idle air volume relearn? I cleaned a sticking throttle plate on a 2009 truck the other day and it had the high idle problem after a road test and thats all I had to do to fix it (with a snap on modis)
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Tuner
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idle air volume relearn..
    Here's what I found... but the issue is when coasting high idle, when complete stop idle is perfect... I think it's the stop brake switch.. or the pedal.. because I have been seeing the connections, wires, and sensors...

Here's what I found under another forum
    Idle Learn Procedure

Automatic Transmission
    Perform the following procedure in order to return the learned idle to the correct position:

1] Turn OFF the ignition.
    2] Restore the PCM battery feed (if disconnected).
    3] Turn OFF the A/C controls.
    4] Set the parking brake, and block the drive wheels.
    5] Start the engine.
    6] Ensure that the engine coolant temperature is more than 80°C (176°F).
    7] Shift the transmission into Drive.
    8] Allow the engine to idle for 5 minutes.
    9] Shift the transmission into Park.
    10] Allow the engine to idle for 5 minutes.
    11] Turn OFF the engine for 30 seconds.

Manual Transmission
    Perform the following procedure in order to return the learned idle to the correct position:

1] Turn OFF the ignition.
    2] Restore the PCM battery feed.
    3] Turn OFF the A/C controls.
    4] Set the parking brake, and block the drive wheels.
    5] Place the transmission in Neutral.
    6] Start the engine.
    7] Ensure that the engine coolant temperature is more than 80°C (176°F).
    8] Allow the engine to idle for 5 minutes.
    9] Turn OFF the engine for 30 seconds.

The A/C compressor kicking in and out at idle speeds puts a high load on the engine at those rpms and will affect idle speeds on most Vettes... Some with modified cams have a very rough idle and may stall with the A/C on at idle...

To complete the PCM relearn...

Restart the engine and check for DIC error codes (there should be none).
    10 Drive car for a minimum of 30 miles at varying rpm settings and speeds. PCM will now re-learn and adjust for the new air flow and temperature at the intake.
    a) If error codes persist, repeat steps 1-7. Make sure fuses are properly inserted before repeating steps.
    b) Do not deviate from the sequence outlined above. If you do, restart the sequence from scratch.
    c) Steps 1-4 are also necessary if you ever disconnect your battery or lose power for any reason.

Tuner
    OK so here's the update so far

TB was checked out, stock vs ported TB, everything check out fine...
    TB flap is at a stop 20%, turn on the car idling at 2000 RPM, TB is at 21%.. then it idles to 700 rpm,, where it's at 15%... okay got my baseline..

I moved the flap with my hand, of course the engine was off,, moved to the 15% which the flap is towards the engine, basically moved it back.. then I moved forward to 21%, used HP tuners to verify the %,, did the same for the Stock and ported TB...so I'm getting signal from the connector...

Then I turned on the car with the stock and ported TB, i started to wiggle the connectors every single method and no change at all, but the engine was at 2000K, which is the problem or issue that I have....

Checked for leaks on the intake, TB, and PCV lines.. did it with carb and choke cleaner.. no change at all, so there is no leak at all..

Then I put it to stock tune, then stock tune with modify for LT headers, then my normal tune that is made with the MAF... no changes at all did the same process again...

Therefore the next item is the pedal sensor... stock tune, modify for LT headers, then my normal tune (MAF, LT headers)....I disconnected received the different codes than the following::::

[ECM] P2119 - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance (History) (Immature)

[ECM] P2101 - Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance
    [ECM] P2135 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A/B Voltage Correlation
    [ECM] P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance

Most forums showed that disconnecting the pedal sensor will cause a reduced engine power.. which was never showed before disconnecting the pedal.. well i received the codes, which I was trying to compare from the codes above.. well they are different..

This is where I'm at... going to order the pedal assembly tomorrow should receive it in two days.. if that does not work.. then the last resort is the computer itself.. unless you guys have other ideas that I have not checked at all...

Tuner
    One more update.. so basically if you change or even clean the TB you have to tell the computer to relearn the idle.. and so far I can see that HP tuners cant do that or maybe it can, i just cant find it... if you know please advise.. thank you

Advanced Tuner
    you posted the procedure above, do that.

Tuner
    It didnt work well

Tuner
    I'm having the same issue, replaced TB with a used one, they both will hang about 16-19% TPS and only when warm, cold engine is ok. And ONLY the first time it did this , dead cold in the garage it idled to 2500 and threw the p0507 DTC, it has NEVER coded since , and since when it is idling at 1500-2500 which is 1000-2000 above desired RPM why is it not coding ? My IAC is stuck 310 , the desired IAC will vary from 30~90 , this is seen on the scanner. Since it is not coding I'm thinking the PCM as why would the PCM need a relearn for an Intermittent problem ? If it was always high , maybe or maybe being up to operating temp is problem ? I too cleaned my TB with gumout , but the TPS is getting good info, it is telling PCM that it's open too far but PCM does not seem to be commanding it closed . I'm frustrated.

2004 5.3L mild tuning only.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner in Training
    Same problem on the 08 sierra 5.3 I have been working with thought I would come on here and see if anyone else has seen this.

I have done all of the things that have been posted and verified with a modis no vac leak with a smoke machine 18inhg at idle when is does go to idle, pedal position is reading correct from pedal, throttle blade is being told to close but it doesn't, maf reading properly, map sensor proper signal, did a sweep test on the throttle blade w modis to verify actual vs commanded

The pedal was showing proper voltage for a closed throttle modis showed comanded 9% I believe but actual was showing 19% for 10 seconds then it just stays at 15% till you shut the key off or put it in gear

In my opinion the idle qualities when it idles are great but it appears to be more of a rev down problem has nothing to do with idle the vehicle is not going into the idle state or parameters when this is happening I do not know what that would be called but that is what I have seen.

Please share if you find anything I will be having one of my techs look at it today just need a new set of eyes maybe.
    05 GTO auto
    99 WS6 man
    00 WS6 auto

Tuner
    I heard one guy actually had an OS problem in the PCM , I am leaning towards a bad PCM or OS . Luckily I bought the extended warranty with premium coverage , which BTW covers damn near everything but the TB. But having swapped with another and had the same results.

And Like you my number show TPS at 19% , WTF is staying there ? I think your right on it's not really an idle problem but a failure of the PCM to know it's at idle.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner in Training
    I am going to try the idle relearn and the throttle relearn again then drive it a bit today and see what happens just in case I missed something I will be using the modis for these resets in the control module section.

It is very odd that our numbers are so close to the same.
    05 GTO auto
    99 WS6 man
    00 WS6 auto

Advanced Tuner
    They have added this to the scanner functions just email support to get the latest beta and do the idle relearn

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    They have added this to the scanner functions just email support to get the latest beta and do the idle relearn
    I assume that is under the VCM controls called throttle "cleaned reset "

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1 View Post
    I assume that is under the VCM controls called throttle "cleaned reset "
    Yes

Advanced Tuner
    The ECM detects that the throttle blade did not return to the default position when the TAC motor is de-energized for greater than 0.5 s.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Yes
    Well how the F do you use it ? Mines grayed out, tried engine on , off scanning on off , what is the deal ? The help files are no help.

Well never mind, not for gen 3 trucks, damn
    Last edited by rckrzy1; 03-09-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1 View Post
    Well never mind, not for gen 3 trucks, damn
    Just went back and read your original post. If you are drive by wire you don't have an IAC motor. The pcm just opens the throttle blade. Seeing 19% when you are off the pedal is normal. Try putting the stock tune back in it. High idle could be caused by a vacuum leak what are your fuel trims like?