Thread: My tuner disabled my LTFTs, how do I fix this?

Tuner in Training

My tuner disabled my LTFTs, how do I fix this?

This is a 2002 grand prix gt with an L32 engine swap. PCM is still the original 02 gt. My question is how do i enable my LTFTs to come back on? When I'm scanning via hp tuners, only STFTs appear.

You should post your tune so we can see what he did. You may also want to ask him why he did this. He may have done you an open loop tune with some custom A/F ratios where he doesnt want the closed loop to mess with. I run open loop fulltime with no fuel trims.

Is there a problem with how it runs? Do you have a wideband, and can you post a log where it runs on the street normaly and WOT? This would help us more by being able to see whats going on, and or why he did what he did.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, the car drives very rich. Its in the 10.0 afr range wot with around 14 degrees of timing.

Dont like posting corrections without a wideband, but FYI, your tuner is commanding 11.8 in the PE portion of your tune, which is okay for a supercharger. I would run 12.2, but he did it as a safer PE so you dont run lean. BUT, looking at your commanded, it is returning a commanded 11.0 ratio at pretty much all RPM's above 4000-redline. That is waaay to rich if it is the actual AFR. You didnt answer my question if you had a wideband. Else your only guessing what your AFR is. However your narrown band sensors are logging 930'ish O2mv. Which is indicative of being too rich. IMHO you need to lean it out. With that said, read the next paragraph twice.

If you dont have a wideband, leave it alone til you get a wideband - else your riskiing your motor. If you mess with it now, your only guessing......... If your bound and determined to guess without a wideband, dont go leaner than 12.1, at least that way you have some safety margin. Again, if it where mine, Id leave it alone til I got a wideband.

Timing looks good everywhere EXCEPT at 4400-4800rpm. There your getting 1.5 degrees of knock. That is unaceptable, and if you have the ability to change it, do it now. Just ruduce your timing in the 4400-4800 rpm level by -1.5 degrees.

If you do have a wideband, post a new log with it, and we will re-evaluate. Also for logging purposes, your not logging the right things to tell whats going on. Next log use my config attached.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, I forgot to say i have wideband. Its at the bottom of the scan and on the graph, the Wide Band o2 - AEM PID

Okay, went back and took another look, yep, your waay rich. Seeing mostly 10.5 range at WOT. Some as rich as 10.2 There is no reason to be that rich. Go through the log, write down the RPM's your rich and, and adjust your PE in those areas. Since its commanding 11.8 in PE and your getting 10.2 there are other issues too. Your goona need to get your airflow dialed in too. Do you have anyone in your area that can kinda show you the ropes on your first tune? Might wanna post where you live, and maybe someone will volunteer to help ya. If your near the WI area, shoot me a PM. If you cant find anyone to teach you, Im sure we can help you out in the forum here. Its just nice to have a tutor for the first time or two.

Fix the knock first. Then work on the regular airflow (non PE), then after thats done do the PE.

Tuner in Training
    So when you say work on the regular airflow. Are you referring to dialing in the MAF? It has a stock L67 MAF sensor. Also the car has 65# injectors if that is relevant to any of this.

Tuner in Training
    The correct thing to do would be to find out your actual AFR.

Fuel > Timing > Boost.

Aim for 11.3 actual AFR.

If your maf is accurate, and the fuel settings are accurate, then your PE command would equal actual.

But since you've changed your fuel, you can no longer rely on it unless you've entered the correct values.

To do that you'd need to know your fuel pressure and what your specific set of injectors were flow rated at.

Or you can get a wide band and adjust the settings until commanded is the same as actual.

The MAF sensor is the same for L36 and L67 cars. Its just year specific.

If its in an L67 TB that has not been modified in any way, I'd use the stock MAF table and adjust your fuel.

A complete mod list would be helpful here.
    Last edited by matt5112; 01-01-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Tuner in Training
    11.3 Might not be feasable for him, No headers, no valvetrain mods.