Thread: need a little clearification about the credits/licensing

need a little clearification about the credits/licensing

I swapped in a 2002 5.3L out of a chevy truck into a Jeep Wrangler

I have a PCM out of a 2000 Camaro V8 that I have laying around and figured I could flash that PCM with a stock 5.3 tune I found on the respiratory site

My question is, will I have to use 4 credits to 'license' the file I got from the respiratory (a warning always pops up when I open it, saying that I have to license the file if I want to use it)---- then after that is licensed, will I have to use another 4 credits to be able to tune the Camaro PCM? I just need a little reassurance, I would rip my hair out if I blew 4 credits for something I shouldn't have

or is there another way I should attempt this that will allow me to save 4 credits (I plan to tune one of my other vehicles a long with this jeep project).

or should I not use the 2000 Camaro PCM

Advanced Tuner
    I think you could use the pcm from the Camaro and only license the tune in the pcm. Then using the compare feature, compare the 5.3L tune and make the adjustment to the tune in the Camaro pcm to match the 5.3L settings. This should allow you to only have to license one tune using only 2 credits instead of 4. I could be wrong though as I haven't done and engine/pcm swap like this though.

Quote Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
    I think you could use the pcm from the Camaro and only license the tune in the pcm. Then using the compare feature, compare the 5.3L tune and make the adjustment to the tune in the Camaro pcm to match the 5.3L settings. This should allow you to only have to license one tune using only 2 credits instead of 4. I could be wrong though as I haven't done and engine/pcm swap like this though.
    that is what I was thinking about doing, but was wondering if there was a simpler way

thanks for the input though!

Tuner in Training
    I also have question.

My truck was tuned using HP tuners by a speed shop. What I am wondering is do I need to use credits to tune it myself or since the speed shop did it will I be able to program it with the credits I payed for through them?

Adam

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJohn6 View Post
    I also have question.

My truck was tuned using HP tuners by a speed shop. What I am wondering is do I need to use credits to tune it myself or since the speed shop did it will I be able to program it with the credits I payed for through them?

Adam
    Yes you need to license the vehicle to your interface(this is where all of the licenses are stored).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill,

I am sure you will be answering a lot of questions from me in the future.

Adam