Thread: Ls2 Cam Airflow minimum, bucking, surging.

Tuner in Training

Ls2 Cam Airflow minimum, bucking, surging.

Well guys the car is really starting to tick me off. I just got the katech ls9x clutch put in and im putting the breakin miles on it and trying to get the kinks worked out in the tune. The car ran absolutely perfect before the clutch but ever since it has gone in she has been giving me troubles(lightweight flywheel). Ive completely redone the minimum airflow table to get it where it atleast won't cutoff or surge uncontrollable when I push the clutch.
    Now im also having the dreaded 1700 and below bucking at light load. Before the clutch didn't have any problem cruising at 1400 now unless im in the gas its a bucking bronco. Ive tried lowering the timing in the areas it does it and raising to no avail can anyone help me out. Thoughts ideas anything. Thanks guys.
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

Did you want to run MAF only? Your LTFT and WBO2 are really whacked. Tells me your commanded A/F ratio needs work. Your min air flow is almost double mine at low rpm.

Did you tune this or did you start out with a tune from some other place?
    Last edited by Mez; 12-24-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mez View Post
    Did you want to run MAF only? Your LTFT and WBO2 are really whacked. Tells me your commanded A/F ratio needs work. Your min air flow is almost double mine at low rpm.

Did you tune this or did you start out with a tune from some other place?
    I started out with a tune from a shop a got it dyno tuned at. MAF only seems to work best for some reason atleast before I got the clutch.
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

I don't believe your problem is totally timing related. Many times, the timing bouncing around is simply the PCM trying to correct for RPM instability caused by the A/F ratio being out of bounds.

This is supported by your the A/F ratio jumping all over the place as evidenced by the LTFT and STFT % error and O2 sensors mV. Running pure MAF with a big cam can be a major problem with all the intake reversion caused by your big cam.

There are many things I see that could contribute to the trouble you are having. Many tables were changed that I don't understand why. For example, the End of Injection Timing was zero'd out and another being the Proportional /Integral minimum RPM thresholds increased way up.

If it were my car, I would start over with a bone stock tune and a wide band.

Use the tuning guide to get the MAF and VE algorithm re-calibrated done first. BlueCat has a great tool for recalibrating the VE.
    Last edited by Mez; 12-25-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.