Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scaling Injectors 09 E38 ECM

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    You really should use a correct MAP sensor, or at least fix the calibration values in the tune. Barometric pressure impacts other parts of the tune.

The fuel pressure regulator doesn't have much to do with it. Those injectors at 92%, assuming fuel pressure keeps up, are supporting about 150 lb/min of airflow. That's a far cry from what the scanner shows, which means the MAF actually is scaled down.
    Ok, thank you for imput. For this year, I have a different setup to try with this guys. I have purchased the SD80 injectors from cobra jet . I have Greg's DVD, So I have already mapped the new tune with those value, (scaled down the tune about 45% to fit with the 8g/sec limit table. all g/sec, g/cyl have also scaled down by the same amount, and the displacement.

Do you think those injectors will do the job ? Because the others injectors used in the precedent setup are crappy shit that I' dont know nothing .
    The fuel systeme are setup to 43.5 and each pound of boost climb 1 pound of fuel pressure. Max boost would be around 24 PSI

Would you want to check my new scaled tune ?

Seb
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

If it is a referenced fuel system, you need to flatline the IFR and voltage offset columns.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

If it is a referenced fuel system, you need to flatline the IFR and voltage offset columns.
    I will send to you the tune VIA EMAIL. This is the tune scaled with the cobra jet injectors.

What do you mean by reference fuel system ?
    This is an aeromootive pump rated 1500 hp, with and aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

Feel free to correct it for that fuel system you are talking about.

The MAF is probably off, but it is just a starting point, log Hz vs lambda vs commanded should give me the proper maf transfer function on the first dyno pull.
    Last edited by Sébast19X; 12-30-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Dsteck is asking if your fuel pressure regulator is vacume referenced.
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@G-Force View Post
    Dsteck is asking if your fuel pressure regulator is vacume referenced.
    ah ok !!! understand !!!
    The presuure is static adjusted at 43.5 PSI, and then climb 1 psi by one psi of boost. So the target boost should be around 24 PSI so the end fuel pressure at WOT at redline should be around 68 PSI.

Do you think that the Ford racing M-9593-LU80 ( rated 84lbs/hrs at 43.5 PSI) should be enough to reach 1200 crank hp ?

Thank you
    '08 Black Z06

Senior Tuner
    Just make your life easy and double the stoich AFR. Don't bother scaling all that other crap. Cut IFR in half, double stoich, done.
    Quote Originally Posted by HartsG8GT View Post
    Well damn thats easy. No downsides to doing it this way?
    This method is nice, especially on cals that have the scalable airmass axis on the spark tables, such as '08+ LS3. However, it does double your Instant Economy readout on the DIC.

In another note, EFIL has the proper table (Torque Model) to modify the torque signal the trans gets, so those who want to scale the long way they don't have to touch any of the trans tables, which, as we know, can be tedious on the A6, and there may be some missing in the software templates that we should also be scaling. I'll post a new thread on this table, shortly.
    Last edited by RWTD; 02-07-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Originally Posted by DSteck

Just make your life easy and double the stoich AFR. Don't bother scaling all that other crap. Cut IFR in half, double stoich, done

This is what I did, mostly because I didnt want to deal with the trans problems of scaling. It works perfectly for me, other than the DIC readings being off. I would still like to try those EFI tables though, and probably will when ready to tune my new stuff soon.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Originally Posted by DSteck

Just make your life easy and double the stoich AFR. Don't bother scaling all that other crap. Cut IFR in half, double stoich, done

This is what I did, mostly because I didnt want to deal with the trans problems of scaling. It works perfectly for me, other than the DIC readings being off. I would still like to try those EFI tables though, and probably will when ready to tune my new stuff soon.
    Yes, that method works like a dream on any E40, and early E38 and E67 NOT pegging the non-adjustable 1.36 g/cyl airflow hardcoded limit of the software, and works even better for the systems with the 63.5 IFR limit, BUT airflow limit adjustable to 4.10 g/cyl max range (ie 2008 Corvette LS3, which is what I own).

*Note, this method does throw off the Instant and Average Economy calculations by whatever value you scale the IFR by, BUT also, as I noticed, but didn't put two and two together initially until DSteck later pointed out to me, it does throw off the IVT table calculations, as well.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Yes, that method works like a dream on any E40, and early E38 and E67 NOT pegging the non-adjustable 1.36 g/cyl airflow hardcoded limit of the software, and works even better for the systems with the 63.5 IFR limit, BUT airflow limit adjustable to 4.10 g/cyl max range (ie 2008 Corvette LS3, which is what I own).

*Note, this method does throw off the Instant and Average Economy calculations by whatever value you scale the IFR by, BUT also, as I noticed, but didn't put two and two together initially until DSteck later pointed out to me, it does throw off the IVT table calculations, as well.

I use it on my E38 with the upgraded hpt OS.. I didnt know about it throwing off the IVT tables, but my car runs flawlessly. I will look at that.
    Thanks
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    This method is nice, especially on cals that have the scalable airmass axis on the spark tables, such as '08+ LS3. However, it does double your Instant Economy readout on the DIC.

In another note, EFIL has the proper table (Torque Model) to modify the torque signal the trans gets, so those who want to scale the long way they don't have to touch any of the trans tables, which, as we know, can be tedious on the A6, and there may be some missing in the software templates that we should also be scaling. I'll post a new thread on this table, shortly.
    +1 We use both tuning packages. Efili Makes hptune look a bit antiquated. They are more than one up on this type tuning hands down imho. There are more than 2000 tables or whatever your prefered description for calling them is.Hp and efi are less than a 1000 available to adust.
    Last edited by 98S10; 02-07-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    98 s10 5.3 5spd.

Quote Originally Posted by 98S10 View Post
    +1 We use both tuning packages. Efili Makes hptune look a bit antiquated. They are more than one up on this type tuning hands down imho. There are more than 2000 tables or whatever your prefered description for calling them is.Hp and efi are less than a 1000 available to adust.
    We use both as well but I would say each has it's pluses and minuses but together make a great toolset. EFILive doesn't provide the A6 tuning coverage that HPTuners does but EFILive gets the nod for ease in 2006+ VE tables and 2-3 bar MAP tuning without COS. HPTuners lets you modify axis values which gives more flexibility in the tuning process as well. I also think the HPTuners process for PID and Histogram setup is more inuitive than EFILive.

So like I said they both have pro's and con's and do a great job in giciving us the ability to tune from a stock unmodded re-tune to a Twin Turbo 1000+ hp setup to E85.

Enquiring minds want to know why they employed opposite XY values in their table structures. Thank god for excel transpose command :

JMHO

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 02-09-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Just make your life easy and double the stoich AFR. Don't bother scaling all that other crap. Cut IFR in half, double stoich, done.
    so glad i came across this,,
    will this work with 09 CTS-V?
    it has 85lb/hr,, i believe stock is 63lb/hr,, should i only multiply commanded afr by 1.4?
    anything to be done to flow rate vs. delta pressure table?
    ltft and stft won't be off?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kj217 View Post
    so glad i came across this,,
    will this work with 09 CTS-V?
    it has 85lb/hr,, i believe stock is 63lb/hr,, should i only multiply commanded afr by 1.4?
    anything to be done to flow rate vs. delta pressure table?
    ltft and stft won't be off?
    Double stoich, cut IFR in half ! ..............that means multiply by.5 !!

Thats it......nothing else to do.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Double stoich, cut IFR in half ! ..............that means multiply by.5 !!

Thats it......nothing else to do.
    i thought that was told to someone wanted to try the trick with stock injectors still in place,,
    another thing,, my new injectors are not twice the stock ones,,
    sorry,, but can you help get it right?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kj217 View Post
    i thought that was told to someone wanted to try the trick with stock injectors still in place,,
    another thing,, my new injectors are not twice the stock ones,,
    sorry,, but can you help get it right?
    All you have to do for the injectors you want to use is the above. There would be no reason to do it with stock injectors. It doesnt matter that they are not twice the stock ones. It works
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

All you have to do for the injectors you want to use is the above. There would be no reason to do it with stock injectors. It doesnt matter that they are not twice the stock ones. It works
    this is too simple to be true,, you mean half ifr and double afr work for any given size of injectors?
    pleasee,, bear with me,,

You don't need to scale on a newer CTS-V.

You don't need to scale on a newer CTS-V.
    what to do then for larger injectors?
    its an A6,,

Enter the new data.

Enter the new data.
    what if data not available?