Thread: Contact Dealer Message and other oddities

Tuner in Training

Contact Dealer Message and other oddities

Hi all,

I had a strange problem last night that mysteriously disappeared and has me wondering why it happened. I was driving along and suddenly a Contact Dealer message comes up, the coolant temperature gauge goes to dead cold and the hvac defaults to defrost. I restarted and went into engineering mode just to see what the coolant temperature was and it read 0C. As far as the hvac goes, I could change mode position on the screen but it stayed in defrost, temperature worked fine as I was able to get plenty of heat. The car ran fine but had that message. After a few hours it just went away. Is that message related only to body (bcm) functions. Once that went out a few miles later I got an SES for coolant temp being to low and an insufficient switching on b1s1. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Tuner in Training
    I understand the difference between the check engine and service vehicle soon message but what/ where does the contact dealer fit in?

Tuner in Training
    After doing some more research I found these which appears to have defined the problem:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ighlight=p0128

and this

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ighlight=p0128

I figured I'd post them in this thread in case someone does a search and cant find info on the Contact Dealer and coolant gauge issue with a 160 degree stat
    Last edited by tpy2kws6; 12-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Aftermarket thermostat? Sounds like she didn't come up to temp fast enough and/or your temp gauge FTFU.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    Yup, its a 160. Makes complete sense because its the first time I drove the car on a really cold night. I set DTC P0128 to "Do not Report" and it seems to have resolved the issue. I was actually considering just going to a 180 anyway which would probably make it a non issue.

I run a 160 here, and even if it's cold outside she comes right up to temp. Are you running aftermarket headers? If not, you may consider getting a set so that they dissipate more heat into the engine bay and warm the water temp up a bit faster.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    I'm running Kooks 1 7/8s LTs. Its odd I was running the 160 last year before I put the headers and the maggie on and never had an issue in the cold. Maybe it was one of those "perfect storm" things the other night. When I get home I'm going to log the car from cold start to operating temperature just to see how long it takes for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tpy2kws6 View Post
    I'm running Kooks 1 7/8s LTs. Its odd I was running the 160 last year before I put the headers and the maggie on and never had an issue in the cold. Maybe it was one of those "perfect storm" things the other night. When I get home I'm going to log the car from cold start to operating temperature just to see how long it takes for the hell of it.
    Good idea, it must've just been one of those weird deals.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray