Thread: Ditched LS9 MAF, Back to 2bar

Ditched LS9 MAF, Back to 2bar

Well even after installing the screen in front of the LS9 MAF, the hz reading jumped around too much (3-4 cells). My initial plan was to use the MAF and scale everything back 35% to gain g/s range.

So tonight I put my SD tune back in and it runs great, I have my WB and STFT's going and Greg B is right the NB 02's have about a swing of 3%.

I do need some help though, anytime I crank it up it idles low around 500rpms for about 3 seconds then instantly goes to around 1400rpms for about 3 seconds and then settles down to where it is suppose to, Any help on this?

Below is a log of it happening (very beginning of course), and notice the Percent difference between banks, if I can't fix this with the o2 bank Mv select I may just have to settle with Split percentages at idle.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Just curious, does your startup issue have anything to do with your 205* ECT? Perhaps a warm start issue that could be solved with one of the startup airflow or friction airflow tables?
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

What does your inlet tract (near the MAF) look like? It has been my experience that a "jumping" signal that won't stabilize is often caused by turbulence in the air stream due to either bends or changes in diameter before the MAF element. If this is the case, it doesn't matter which MAF element you're using because pretty much any of them will register the same turbulence. If you clean up the flow, you might be surprised how well everything else works.

Rinkrat456 I thought of that as well, I was tuning with the MAF, but after it warmed up I flashed a SD tune. When I do a cold start tomarrow I will see what happens.

Greg, my inlet is 4inch all mandrel bent, but its about 6 inches in front of a 90 turn. I am also using a saxxon 100mm screen (screen helped) but it didn't solve the problem. Your right probably messing with the inlet some could fix the problem, but the car does like SD right now

14 Gen 5 Viper

Advanced Tuner
    Who'da thunk it Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. If you still need help send me a PM and I can help out when I return home.
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    11:1 Stock bottom end
    76mm Altitude compensator

Who'da thunk it Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. If you still need help send me a PM and I can help out when I return home
    Hey man, yep decided I would try SD again (this time CL) and I am having a lot better luck (no more Lean problems like before). I have learned a ton in the last few months, but I will be sure to hit you up.

14 Gen 5 Viper