Thread: Switching from Speed Density Closed Loop to Open Loop Questions

Potential Tuner

Switching from Speed Density Closed Loop to Open Loop Questions

I have some questions about switching from Speed Density Closed Loop to Speed Density Open Loop. I have access (free) to some VP C12 an I want to eliminate my oxygen sensors so I can run race gas. I'm wanting to run race gas so I can consistantly be on one fuel and give me a cushion when I start spraying the car. The car already has a SD tune so I would just need some advice on making the switch. From what I have read I maxed out my "Closed Loop ECT vs IAT" table to 284 degrees and changed the 02 position 1 codes to "No error reported". Any other advice? The car is pretty much a racecar at the moment and the wideband/laptop stay in the car. Will I just need to tune VE after the switch? The car is a stock bottom end LS1 with a MS3 and ported 5.3 heads. Thanks in advance for any help, I'm shooting for 9's on motor an any information is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGhR0..._order&list=UL

Advanced Tuner
    I'm assuming you have a wideband in the car? You are correct about setting the closed loop enable table to 284 degrees and tuning out the o2 sensors. You may have to dial in your OLFA table for proper cold start afr. You will need to make some adjustment to your VE tables when using a different fuel, espcially since the stoich point is a little different than gas. Once you update your tune make sure to reset fuel trims using the vcm scanner to clear any stored fuel trims.

Good luck and I hope you get in the 9's.
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    11:1 Stock bottom end
    76mm Altitude compensator

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroused383 View Post
    I'm assuming you have a wideband in the car? You are correct about setting the closed loop enable table to 284 degrees and tuning out the o2 sensors. You may have to dial in your OLFA table for proper cold start afr. You will need to make some adjustment to your VE tables when using a different fuel, espcially since the stoich point is a little different than gas. Once you update your tune make sure to reset fuel trims using the vcm scanner to clear any stored fuel trims.

Good luck and I hope you get in the 9's.
    Yes, I have an Innovate LM-1 in the car. Thank you very much for your information and help.