Thread: 2005 c6 car wont start after write tune or write entire

2005 c6 car wont start after write tune or write entire

2005 c6 , downloaded the 2.5 os to the ecu car ran fine after putting the car on the dyno and did some tweaking to the tune car starts for a sec then dies , seems like the vats are coming on , turned the vats off no luck still the same, let the car to cool down and disconnected the battery cable next day put it back the car started fine with no issue made a dyno run then did some other change to the tune , write tune and same issue car wont run it starts for a sec , changed the ecu still doing the same issue also i put the stock os back still the same.

Any ideas ? Using the latest beta software , never had this issue before with anu car i have tuned with 2.5 os , but this is the first car i tuned with the latest beta version could it be a bug ! Cuz i had some issue with the vcm scanner sometimes.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Legal View Post
    2005 c6 , downloaded the 2.5 os to the ecu car ran fine after putting the car on the dyno and did some tweaking to the tune car starts for a sec then dies , seems like the vats are coming on , turned the vats off no luck still the same, let the car to cool down and disconnected the battery cable next day put it back the car started fine with no issue made a dyno run then did some other change to the tune , write tune and same issue car wont run it starts for a sec , changed the ecu still doing the same issue also i put the stock os back still the same.

Any ideas ? Using the latest beta software , never had this issue before with anu car i have tuned with 2.5 os , but this is the first car i tuned with the latest beta version could it be a bug ! Cuz i had some issue with the vcm scanner sometimes.
    contact support

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you changed the pcm and it still does it its likely not a software issue. Also very VERY hard to help much further than that without seeing the files you are reading/writing to the pcm. I've seen all kind of weird things done in tunes that are the cause of the issue and the customer swears up and down everything is right with the tune and its just one patch or one switch or one dtc that was setup incorrectly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you changed the pcm and it still does it its likely not a software issue. Also very VERY hard to help much further than that without seeing the files you are reading/writing to the pcm. I've seen all kind of weird things done in tunes that are the cause of the issue and the customer swears up and down everything is right with the tune and its just one patch or one switch or one dtc that was setup incorrectly.
    No codes , vats are off , it runs perfect after u let it off for few hours , car starts and drives great but it only happens when u write a tune no matter what u do to the tune even if u just do write tune without changing any thing it wont run. I will upload the file and you can double check.

Issue solved , flashed the stock tune back with a tech 2 ,used older beta version than the latest one , wrote a 2.5 os with it, car runs great now with no issues.