Thread: Using Multiple Laptops Tune/Scan?

Advanced Tuner

Using Multiple Laptops Tune/Scan?

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/L8CCP1JL
    Hey Everyone,

I had a frustrating situation were I had a laptop for scanning, a nice smaller 14" laptop with great battery life, and a larger laptop I have on the couch infront of the TV to surf the internet (17" battery hog)

The problem was that all my tunes and logs were on the other computer and i was forced to either put on a usb and transfer, or email, or just skwint and use the 14" computer.

Then I found this program called DropBox, its an online folder that automatically sync's, its free and comes with plenty of space to save my tunes and log files, and when i arrive home, it automatically uploads them to the server with me doing nothing. then i can view the files on my larger laptop, make changes, tweak the maf, removed some KR. then save the file. next time i go out, i just turn on my laptop before leaving and there is the newest tune to flash to the car.

if you have ever had this problem, here is your solution, no more losing which tune was the latest one.

On the otherside, I upload photo i want to share with my parents instantly, no need to resize and email anymore.

here is the link, by signing up through the link it expands my space even more!! after you login in you get your own link and when your friends do the same you will get more space, for free!!

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/L8CCP1JL
    Thanks guys!!

Oh and make sure if you update one HPT (aka Beta) you save it to the dropbox folder so you can update your laptop the same.

cheers,

-Carl

Hmm...Interesting. I'm giving this a shot. I also have a multiple-computer problem with tunes switching back and forth between my tuning laptop (15" Dell powerhouse) to my school netbook (12" single core processor) and my desktops (gaming rig and HTPC) so I picked up a 4gb flash drive on a keychain to store all my tuning stuff but it sucks to not have automatic updating.

I like the idea of this dropbox thing. I just installed it on my netbook and will install it on my other computers to see if it works. Hopefully this is the answer to my multiple-computer hassle.

So far, this program doesn't seem too intrusive and I like how they use SSL encryption for the transfers.
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Sweet, I just noticed I got an extra 250mb by clicking carlrx7's link recommendation. Now I have 2.25gb of free space. carlrx7, did you also get more because of that?
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Hummmm..... this may be a good thing for me. I have been an avid Apple user since the early '80s and was dragged kicking and screaming to DOS and Windows at the work place. At home I use iMAC for all internet browsing including this forum. I reluctantly got my first home pc because of HT Tuners. This would be a way for me to download and save HP Tuner files, scans, etc for viewing on the pc without having to find the material again on the laptop.

Thanks Carl.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinkrat456 View Post
    Sweet, I just noticed I got an extra 250mb by clicking carlrx7's link recommendation. Now I have 2.25gb of free space. carlrx7, did you also get more because of that?
    Yep!! I got an email saying my Dropbox is now 2.5gb. Thanks!!!