Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why 25 msec when trying to start

Tuner in Training

Why 25 msec when trying to start

This is driving me nuts. I must be missing somthing. Its a 05 GTO auto with MAGI tvs1900 that im trying to run it SD but any time I go to start it soaks the plugs it cranks in 25/ 35 msec. Iv tryed every witch way so the one im posting is just a different try. Stockish tune with stock map sensor (ls9 injectors,no maf and 2bar is not applied at the moment). please someone have a answer.

Tuner in Training
    Im leaning towards that somthing got fuged up during one of the writes.

Under open loop your gas and alcohol compare area is all set to 10.00, I think you meant to type 1.0 - thus getting 10 times the fuel multiplier. Its the top left 4 tables right under the open loop.

I think someone made a typo another place too. Your offset vs volts at 5.5volts is way off, look at the numbers above and below that line. Now I doubt your cranking engine at 5.5 volts, but I would smooth that area anyways! :-)

Under airflow, general, cylinder charge temperature, FILTER (not the bias), change all values to 1.0 What this will do is let the computer adjust faster to temp swings.

Im sure theres lots of other things your goona do, so I wont get into the little stuff.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Tuner in Training
    Ill try the filter.

The tune that I posted was the cal that was in it (I think a predator tune) when the car was runing fine with a quik injector change just to back up to the begining.

The 10.0 in the multiplier is stock 2005 GTO 10.0*.10 = 1.0 thats how there figuring that.

I started out reading it converting it to 2bar and building a tune and then poof injectors are going crazy. I tryed putting a stock map back in it and the base cal and also trying a differnt config on the scanner but its all saying the same thing. Opened up other logs and thay all read fine on the scanner. Im stuck and feeling like the dealer should load it all back to stock.

Ill go on today and see if the cam signal looks fine maybe thats it but im not thinking so.

Tuner in Training
    My cars cam sensor is dead. It just makes the car fire on exhaust and intake till it sees a change in RPM. I noticed yours isn't cutting the injectors when you press the pedal down, but mine does.. no clue what's going on there lol

Tuner in Training
    Now that I'm thinking about it I have had the Similar problems with 05 gto's in the past. I think it happen on the initial read. I'll take it to the dealership in the morning And have them reflash it. Racine is dangerous!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gn2beatu View Post
    Under open loop your gas and alcohol compare area is all set to 10.00, I think you meant to type 1.0 - thus getting 10 times the fuel multiplier. Its the top left 4 tables right under the open loop.

I think someone made a typo another place too. Your offset vs volts at 5.5volts is way off, look at the numbers above and below that line. Now I doubt your cranking engine at 5.5 volts, but I would smooth that area anyways! :-)

Under airflow, general, cylinder charge temperature, FILTER (not the bias), change all values to 1.0 What this will do is let the computer adjust faster to temp swings.

Im sure theres lots of other things your goona do, so I wont get into the little stuff.
    Its very easy to see you are wet behind the ears with HpTuners. Do yourself and others a favor. Take a year off from trying to help until you gain some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
    Its very easy to see you are wet behind the ears with HpTuners. Do yourself and others a favor. Take a year off from trying to help until you gain some experience.
    You said what the rest of us were thinking. You should see the scathing response he wrote to IDRIVEAG8GT saying he's been tuning for X years on his GN and blah blah blah.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    You said what the rest of us were thinking. You should see the scathing response he wrote to IDRIVEAG8GT saying he's been tuning for X years on his GN and blah blah blah.
    I read that post but you guys had taken care of him by that point. No need for me to beat a dead horse in that thread. He is prime example of the old saying "when your only tool is a hammer everything becomes a nail".
    Last edited by Sam88gta1; 12-05-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
    I read that post but you guys had taken care of him by that point. No need for me to beat a dead horse in that thread. He is prime example of the old saying "when your only tool is a hammer everything becomes a nail".
    I have never heard that quote, but I like it!
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    Well the dealer reflashed it and its doing kind of the same thing except on one instance it did acually start.

This was done will a different laptop so the config wasnt the same but are the fuel trims cells right?

Potential Tuner
    Not that I'm a guru by any means, but check your injector data. What you have in your tune is not for LS9s. Also your high and low octane spark tables are different (a lot more spark than I'd run on a maggie in the high table), they should be the same.

Tuner in Training
    You have got to love used parts. The used blower had used ls9 injectors that must have been frecking out the computer. New ls9 injectors and poof it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robisoda View Post
    Also your high and low octane spark tables are different (a lot more spark than I'd run on a maggie in the high table), they should be the same.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by gn2beatu View Post
    The 2005 GTO and Corvettes use the E40 ECU and these tables are correct at 10.

If you had E40 ECU knowledge, you would know this.
    Last edited by Mez; 01-01-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Tuner in Training
    Alright could somone point me in the right direction? It still wants to flood the plugs when I try starting know that I changed the pulleys on the blower to slow it down. Once i get it started it runs gread its just getting it started.

Im sure there is somthing I dont have right and im overlooking. And I now I dont have the injector cals all right it just doesn't make sense to me with the PSI vs KPA.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    OH yea.
    TVS 1900
    NW 102 tb
    ls9 inj
    lonnies fuel pumps return,no boost ref, 58 psi fuel presure
    gt9 cam
    2bar S/D
    Over driven crank damper
    Standard 10 rib 1to1 on back of blower
    Some kind of ED Curtis LSX super duper heads
    And it does have good compression

Thanks

No expert, but the only thing that I can see is the ETC Area Scalar. Stock is 4725 and yours is set to 3591. You list a NW102, so you may want to verify this is correct.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Tuner in Training
    Your right it should be 3685.5 . Ill change it back. I forgot i was swinging it around to see what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lsxrx7 View Post
    Your right it should be 3685.5 . Ill change it back. I forgot i was swinging it around to see what would happen.
    Uhhh. No. It should be 7250 give or take.