Thread: LNF fuel rail pressure rises to 2800psi after shutdown?

Advanced Tuner

LNF fuel rail pressure rises to 2800psi after shutdown?

Has anyone been looking at the fuel rail pressure after shutting down the car? I noticed it slowly rises to around 2800psi after 10-20 minutes, then when you start the car it throws a p0088 cel. Anyone else noticed this rise in pressure or is it just me?

Must be heat soak causing expansion in the fuel rail. I never noticed it nor had a CEL for it.

What is the pressure at idle just before shutting it down? Should be a few hundred PSI at idle is all.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    So your fuel pressure never rises after you shut the car down? The cel i've only gotten twice, probably because as the pressure peaked i started the car.
    Pressure is around 3-500psi when i shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    So your fuel pressure never rises after you shut the car down? The cel i've only gotten twice, probably because as the pressure peaked i started the car.
    Pressure is around 3-500psi when i shut it down.
    Never logged it after a shutdown, no way to know now, it's gone down the road.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Id have to think that the pressure should bleed off, not rise that high. I notice on my logs that it rises to about 400 after shutoff but iv never logged further... but i have logs within 20-30 minutes apart after turning the car off and rail pressure is around 68psi when i turn on the ignition

edit: nevermind, found one of 5 to 10minutes rest at a gas station and its at 1270 psi key on!
    Last edited by stromboli86; 12-02-2011 at 07:15 PM.

FWIW I remember seeing high pressure on my RPD a couple times after the engine had been off for awhile. Never any codes or anything tho... but no raised pressures back then either.