Thread: Segment swap

Tuner in Training

Segment swap

Hello,
    I need to swap the transmission segments to convert over from a 4L80E to a 4L60E.
    Thea reason for this swap is that I couldnt make the ETC work with the original ECM and tried differents TACs, pedals and TBs... none worked.
    So, since I am in a hurry, I am just going to use another ECM that came with the original TAC and pedal and works, the problem is the first one was from an 03 Escalade and had a 4L60E tranny and the new one is from an 06 Sierra with the 80E tranny.
    How are these segments changed?
    Can I just write the calibrtation from the Escalade onto the Sierra?
    If I do so, can I still use the TAC and pedal from the Sierra?
    I have a couple credits that I just purchased for this, but I do not want to use them if it will not help my issue.
    Thanks
    Rat Chevelle

Tuner in Training

Need urgent help

I urgently need to solve the DBW issue explained above.
    I am attaching the files for both the 03 Escalade that is not responding to the pedal, and the 06 Chevy which responds to the pedal but has a 4L80E...
    I already have the licence for the Escalade, and the creditd to licence the Chevy, If I licence them both, can I write the entire file from the escalade onto the Chevy and have the 4L60E and working DBW?
    Help Please!
    Rat Chevelle

Tuner in Training

Have Mercy on me

I need some light on the segment swap for the 06 Chevy...
    Please...
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I wish I knew your answers - I hate to see people get no replies , I am guessing no one that has seen your post has your answers or they would have posted....

are you a member over on LS1Tech ? I would post this over there in the conversions and hybrids section , a lot of LSX swap knowledge over there
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    I wish I knew your answers - I hate to see people get no replies , I am guessing no one that has seen your post has your answers or they would have posted....

are you a member over on LS1Tech ? I would post this over there in the conversions and hybrids section , a lot of LSX swap knowledge over there
    Thanks, it is conforting to see someone care...
    Yes I am a member and I just posted it over there, thanks.
    Hope someone replies quick-

Tuner in Training
    Am I even posting in the right site?

Senior Tuner
    Did you try a search for your self? Has been answered many times. Find the operating system ID number for your file. Then find a truck(look at same year or within one year either way) file that has same operataing system ID and a 4l60. Submit both files to support requesting segment swap. Wait for file to be email back and do a write entire.