Thread: Gas in Oil running rich

Tuner in Training

Gas in Oil running rich

I have 99 LS1 with bosch 30 lb injectors and a lunati cam duration 283/283, .558/.558 lift. Its running very rich and I have gas in the pan. I'm hoping its not the piston rings or the intake manifold. I updated the injector scales. Does anything stand out that I missed or is it bad news for me...

Attachment 31463

Your VE tables are nearly untouched...you've made a lot of airflow and fueling changes which require you to address either the VE and/or MAF tables and dial those in. I question the injector data in the tune, it doesn't look right to me which would explain the rich condition. Don't forget you have a primary and secondary VE table and they should be the same, so be sure to make changes to both of them as you dial in the tune.

Do you have any logs to view?
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Tuner in Training
    I have an slp maf sensor and no egr. I updated the both ve tables and the injector data. I don't want do damage the motor so I am not running it long.

Here are the update...
    Last edited by blazinlo96; 12-02-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    log file...

Tuner in Training
    Should I switch to a stock 6.0L truck MAF?

Enable short term fuel trims, disable DFCO and disable closed loop for now while you try and get your fueling in order. Reload the factory VE tables and multiple everything above 2000 by 5-10% to cover for lean situations. Set the MAF to fail for now and run a speed density open loop tune.

Then use the default imperial option in the scanner and go for a short drive. Report back with the log.
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Advanced Tuner
    what do I need to do to be able to open his tune files? when i try to open them it just says index was outside bounds of the array. do I need to get a new version of hptuner software?
    1993 reef blue Mustang coupe
    Ls1 conversion
    1 7/8 cooks headers
    AFR 205 heads
    Fast 92/92 intake
    PAT G./ EPS Custom cam 230/234 .600”/.602” 112LSA +2 advance
    century Built 4l60e with Circle D 3500 converter
    4.11 gears

Tuner in Training
    HELP! I repainted my truck and i'm finally getting back to trying to tune the motor. It still idles very rich (burns your eyes rich) and doesn't seem to run very good. I deleted the rear o2's and egr. I do not wan't to drive it around or run it long because it runs so bad. I have it in SD open loop tune with an aem wideband. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven' had this truck on the road in seven years and the only thing holding me back now is the tune.

SD Starter 1.hpt
    idle 1.cfg