Thread: TCM Bootloader Download Timeout HELP!

Tuner in Training

TCM Bootloader Download Timeout HELP!

Hey Guys,

I have a problem. Trying to tune a 2007 Silverado. Had flashed the truck successfully several times, and then during one flash the TCM write failed and now I can no longer flash anything.

Engine starts, but won't go over 20mph. Get error code U0101 TCM connection error.

When I try to flash the truck its says TCM recovery, and then "TCM Bootloader Download timeout". In both high and low speed.

I emailed support last night, but I assume they are off weekends, and I need help getting this truck going today!

Thanks for any and all help!

Advanced Tuner
    have that on a 2009 all the time. Disconnect the underhood fuse box and all will be fine.

I have a customers truck who does that all the time during the first flash, after first flash was successful it all is well. Until the next time............

Tuner in Training
    Now it won't even locate the VCM. All fuses are good. i unplugged the underhood fusebox and disconnected the battery. No dice. I'm stumped and it's not my truck so this is what's really bothering me.

Any more suggestions??

Tuner in Training
    Well, had a buddy come by with a 2007 truck, and I cannot connect to his either. However, I can connect to my 2001. So it's a software issue. This makes me feel somewhat better, but I still have a dead truck (that isn't mine!) sitting in my garage.