Thread: bank 1 and 2 dont match but it runs great.

Tuner in Training

bank 1 and 2 dont match but it runs great.

OK,
    I bought the beginners guide and it was aswesome imo. I went straight to to the supercharged section. I have an 03 LS6 with the complete maganacharger kit. I moved t a 3" pulley and a gatorback with a higher tension tensioner. Everything looks great no spark knock at all which I find is weird. It runs incredible and its driven dailey and tracked on the weekends. Same tune. I have an AFX wide band that reads correct. My LTFTB2 is at 15 and my LTRTB1 is at 7
    and STFTB1 is -1.8 Bank2 is -.7 The O2 sensor is 152MV on Bank 2 and 664 on Band 1. Is this just a bad o2 sensor. I ran 10 gal of aviation fuel and toped off with 91 octain because thats all we have around here. It was real gas. I found out that there was lead in the ave gas would this knock out an o2 sensor.?
    The car ran incredible at the track it was a road race coaurse. However when I got back to regular driving and filled up I got the old P0430. I know I can turn the backs off but that is not what is causeing the front O2 to read like that is it? Is thsi a tuning issue or a bad o2 sensor? Sorry to ramble. Why am I not getting any Spark knock? I know you want to avoid it but really none at all? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by hiperf454; 11-18-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Senior Tuner
    I would simply try the WB in both banks to see what it reads compared to the NB's bud. If the WB reads the same from both banks then the cyl skew may be your answer. As for no KR, post a tune so we can have a look at what you've got so far. It would be a good idea to post your stock tune as well so it's easy to see what you have changed up to this point.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    Attachment 31388

Attachment 31389Here is my two tunes. The factory one. and mine. I hope I do this right.

This is my new one.Attachment 31390 I hope this works I have never done this before on the tune up load. Its probably the 02 I hope. BTW It has 100K on it. I bought it from the second owner and She was a VP at a bank, The car did not look like it was drove hard until I got it. The torque tube bushings looked brand new. The clutch was original but you never knoew. Thanks for taking interest in helping me.
    Regards
    Kelly
    Last edited by hiperf454; 02-23-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Yes, aviation fuel (or any leaded gas) will damage O2 and wideband sensors

Tuner in Training
    IFRs on the 42lbs tune look to be low by a factor of 10, if I am reading it correctly?
    Last edited by 04ls1gto; 11-21-2011 at 06:29 AM.

An alternative to leaded race gas, is to make your own home brew. Use up to a 20% mix of Tolulene, Xylol, or Xylene. I think the Tolulene is 117 octain, and the Xylol/Xylene is 118 octain from memory, you may want to google it, I may have it backwards. At 20% mix to 93 octain, you will have 98 octain. At 30% it is 100.5 octain. Do not go over 30% due to the dryness of it and the effects on your fuel system. At 10% you dont need to add anything to fuel. At 20-30% you should add 1/4 cup of WD40 or Marvel Mystery oil per 10 gallons of mixed fuel to save your pump, lines, and valve stem seals so they dont dry out. I have ran this for years in my Grand National, and at 30% you wont beleive the differance in the amount of timing you can run. And best part is there is no lead to kill you O2 sensors.

If you replace your O2's and the values are still off, do you have the stock manifolds, or headers? Your signature doesnt say. The manifolds on the LS2 that I have on one side have a much tighter pinch where the 3rd cylinder joins in, that cuts the flow considerably to 3 of the 4 cylinders. Since you are supercharged, you may have this effect amplified.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Tuner in Training
    Thank you gentlemen for the help with this. I have the stock 03 LS6 manifolds and I know I could pick up some hp but from what I have seen and read. its like 8 RWHP. I put the clutch in and have an automotive shop. I just dont feel the need to put headers on at this point. Maybe if i put a bigger cam in. So I need to relook at my IFR. You said by a factor of 10. Would you have the time to point me in the right direction on my calibration. I get on this forum to learn things and I want to make sure I got this right. Thanks for the help guys.
    Regards
    Kelly
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Senior Tuner
    Try increasing Global Gain a little and see if it regesters KR for you. The Global Gain table will increase sensitivity of the knock sensor
    2000 Trans Am WS6