Thread: PE ENable ?

Advanced Tuner

PE ENable ?

I see some people raise the the PE Enable MAP to 85-100kPa.

I assume this to let the MAP determine when they will go into PE and lowering it or leaving it stock all ow for the Enable TPS value determine when they go into PE.

My question is what is the benefit of each method?

I hope I understood those methods correctly.

Thanks

Sarge

Senior Tuner
    Raising map enable alows you to lower tps enable. The engine will only enter PE when under load. It is most benificial for boosted applications but works NA just as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Raising map enable alows you to lower tps enable. The engine will only enter PE when under load. It is most benificial for boosted applications but works NA just as well.
    Seems like that would be best for a truck or heavier vehicle(SUV). Are there many situations in say a corvette that you would be under loading and need to be in PE other than a WOT which would be 100% TPS anyway.

Would you build enough boost under normal driving to need PE?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    Seems like that would be best for a truck or heavier vehicle(SUV). Are there many situations in say a corvette that you would be under loading and need to be in PE other than a WOT which would be 100% TPS anyway.

Would you build enough boost under normal driving to need PE?
    Works the same for a corvette, or any vehicle. Watch your map values as you drive. Does not take much throttle to get to 80 kpa. You adjust accordingly.

In boosted applications you can easily be into boost at 30% tps. So tps enable at 25% and map at 85 or higher allows for pe when required.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Works the same for a corvette, or any vehicle. Watch your map values as you drive. Does not take much throttle to get to 80 kpa. You adjust accordingly.

In boosted applications you can easily be into boost at 30% tps. So tps enable at 25% and map at 85 or higher allows for pe when required.
    Gotcha. Thanks mecanicman!