Thread: How's my newbie tune?

Tuner in Training

How's my newbie tune?

I got a lot of help in my other thread E67 No bank 2 from lsxs10, but I wanted to start another thread just to look at my tune and hopefully get some pointers.

It's a 2008 GrandPrix GXP 5.3l LS4 w/ e67 VCM. No mods other than drop in filter and resonator delete.

I don't have a wideband and I'm seeing my limitations now. I think I have the MAF dialed in as good as I can get it. STFT +5 -5.

The attached tune has LTFT and DFCO turned back on, and I've got all the knock out (it's in a different scan since it's so short, I didn't want to post it).

The only thing I worry about is if I'm too lean in OL mode shouldn't bought the pro and wideband.
    Last edited by wheezer; 12-22-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I scrapped the MAF tune and figured out how to do the VE tune with Bluecat's software.

After 4 runs, here's my log.

Am I on the right track?
    Last edited by wheezer; 12-22-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, looks like I'm going back to my stock tune until my wideband comes in. The numbers I'm getting are scaring me.

I did the VE tuning then MAF calibration and PE to 12.8 (Stoich 14.3 for E10). And got the STFTs and LTFTs looking good. However, the "calculated HP" and tq numbers are too good to be true for a stock car.

I'm sure the numbers aren't accurate, but if they're consistent with the changes I've made it's around a 24hp bump. See the attached graph. I used the TQ PID and calcHP custom PID to calculate HP. Should I even use this as a way of comparing tunes?

Attached are the final tune and stock tune for comparison. Also my logs for both tunes.

Is there anything I should worry about or just stay stock and wait until I get my wideband installed?