Thread: Setting everything up... Need a little guidence

Potential Tuner

Setting everything up... Need a little guidence

I am still in the process of wiring up my 1999 GM 5.3 silverado harness to use in my Nissan 300zx. The engine will be a 1999 6.0 LQ4.

The questions I have are...

I am told that I will have to disable VATS before the engine will even start. So to do that I believe I do the following. Please let me know if this is correct or incorrect.

1. Once I get power to the PCM to where HP Tuners can read it, I need to license it. Once it is licensed I will "Read Entire". Then I will save that file. From there, I will have to open that file and choose "Write Entire". I'm assuming there will be instructions prompting me on how to disable VATS at that time?

I don't know what a BCM is, and I don't think I have one to link VATS too. Therefore I am under the impression that I need to get rid of VATS all together for my project. Does this sound correct?

Thanks for the help guys.
    3.0 liter V6 10.3 @ 134mph 1.5 60' 3000# race weight

Tuner in Training
    This sounds correct, if you are not using a BCM then the vats will definitely enable as the ecu looks for it, not sure if you owill even beable to disable it without the BCM, you will have to ask around about that one. I have my BCM still and always did. Where is the old BCM?

No BCM required to run ... once you have read the tune ... go to System>General>Security ... change the VATS setting from Serial to None ... save the tune (to a new file name is a good idea) ... then reflash.