Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: wont rev past 4000 RPM?

I still have the same problem. My swap still reads 158mph even with the newest beta and the transmission switched to "manual." I would think that whatever the problem is it is in the ECU, not the VSS. The VSS is not sending a signal at rest and even if it was totally unhooked and the ECU was getting no signal it should read 0mph not 158mph.
    Car runs fine this way and I might cause myself problems if I ever do manage to fix this problem.

Anyone know what pins to hook the vss hi and low to on a '10 Colorado 5.3 e67? Current performance has mine wired into pins 66 and 67 which is where they are for this e67 ecu on a manual cts-v. Would they be in the same pins for a colorado 5.3 that was meant for an auto? The speedo always worked but scanner reads 158mph. Now that we can switch to manual trans setting I was looking more into is and seeing if its hooked up correctly because even in manual setting the scanner reads 158, cruise doesnt work and dfco doesnt work.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab
    '08 Ly6 6.0, Nx nitrous plate, TSP vvt-2 cam + more goodies, SW Longtube headers, 4l80e, CircleD 3500 stall, HPTuners, Narrowed 8.8 swap: Moser axles, 3.73 gears, disc brakes, posi. Caltracs. Afco Coilovers
    Best time [email protected] na
    LSx Swap thread http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/l...n-name-459831/

So is there a special procedure to get this to work? On my '10 colorado e67 I set it manual and write cal but it still reads 158mph at all times.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab
    '08 Ly6 6.0, Nx nitrous plate, TSP vvt-2 cam + more goodies, SW Longtube headers, 4l80e, CircleD 3500 stall, HPTuners, Narrowed 8.8 swap: Moser axles, 3.73 gears, disc brakes, posi. Caltracs. Afco Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by nycblazer View Post
    Would you be able to attach your tune so I can see what was done. I'm kinda having the same problem.
    TBSS harness and OS E67 ECM with an LS3 mated to a t56. Mine wont rev WOT it only opens to about 38%
    Late reply here sorry bout that I had a computer meltdown and didnt get notified and havent been back until tonight as im researching tuning a truck.

Anyways there was a MULTITUDE of issues with my tune itself that went far beyond the issues addressed here. I hired Arun whos a local tuning wizard here in Canada and he fixed up the rest of the gremlins and dialed my A/F the rest of the way home. My throttle was going WOT ( i checked that before I ever fired for the first time ) but for some reason after half of first gear the ECM was commanding it to close to 50%. I have no idea what it was that caused this as Arun fixed this up for me right quick so out of respect to his business I wont post his tune file but if it help anyone here I dont mind posting the last one I had done on my own before he got into it?

Buddy Holly I dont know what to say my speed input just somehow started working after Chris found the fix last fall. Thanks again for the help guys this one.... REALLY hurt my head lol.

The car frickin flies

Are you guys still running a tcm inline between the t56 and ecu??? I wasnt but this manual setting didnt fix my 158 issue so I had my wiring harness guy build me a pigtail harness to add a tcm inline and now my scanner reads the mph perfectly fine, But should I have my trans setting to auto or manual now that I have a tcm??? The tcm isnt controlling anything just relaying the vss signal to the ecu through the canbus now.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Mines an ecm only system

Thats how mine was since I did the swap but my ecu, maybe base tune, wouldnt accept the trans type manual setting. It didnt change anything. Now with a tcm inline it the ecu reads the vss fine but just not sure what to set the trans type now.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Havent taken it out just tried it with the rear wheels in the air. Its raining out so the truck wont leave the garage.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Your going to have to road test it and log to see whats what unless someone else has something to offer? Id simply compare scanner values to actual speed and go from there. Theres quite a few guys running with the 158 pegged VSS without issues though.

Well I have been running with the 158mph vss for the last 4000 miles without a problem but my tuner wouldnt tune it like that since he feels that with the ecu thinking its going that fast no matter what it wont go into the appropriate low speed cells and it also wouldnt allow me to do a crank relearn like that which the tuner wont tune my truck without that done since its vvt and cant be sure that the ecu know 100% whats going on in relation of crank to cam positioning. With the vss back to reading 0 at idle I have noticed my exhaust at idle is smoother and not as choppy. And yes it is idling down to 700 where I set it.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Makes no sens to me not to tune the thing as best you can all the way along. Set the ign advance, A/F it. Then work on the rest of the issues from there. Just because there are some unfamiliar aspects to these 58x swaps doesnt mean you shouldn't work with what you have the best you can along the way. There is no 1 and done process to these builds.

This thinking in general is what stops most people short with swapping systems/engines/whatnot. Soon as something doesnt fit into their box of comfortability? They bail.

If it were easy? everyone would do it

Ive tuned it pretty darn good on my own but still would like it professionally dyno tuned.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Look up Arun he's having a dyno day this Saturday.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    This is cool. Mostly because the people who have tried mating a 6 speed to a TBSS have run into the issue where the throttle wont work. Any idea for that?
    I'm having the same problem.
    I'm using a TBSS OS with a 6.2L LS3 mated to a t56.
    It won't accelerate and in HPTuners scan it always read the MPH at 158 . Can you show me the path if you know. Thanks in advance.
    1999 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr w/2008 LS3 Corvette 6.2L mated to a t56.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    Mines an ecm only system
    Which ECM?
    1999 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr w/2008 LS3 Corvette 6.2L mated to a t56.

Im using the e38

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    The new one will be called "ECM Trans Type". As for the LS1's we decided to re-enable the trans type parameter, which primarily changes the valve body switch pattern to the 4L80e pattern (it's different to the 4L60e). HOWEVER, in some cals it may work fine with some pressure changes etc. but for others it will not as some calibrations that aren't in the editor might not be set correctly. eg. for the Holdens it seems to work ok, but the Power Mode button doesn't work anymore.

ie. your mileage may vary. This was the original reason we removed it from the editor awhile back.

Chris...
    Chris,

I have a 2007 E38 running an LY6, originally auto trans, now connected to a TH400 (manual trans). Do I need to change both the "trans type" and the "ECM trans type" to "manual" for the ECM to read VSS directly (without a TCM)? I also read about a speedo setting for "Vehicle Speed Output" - does that need to be set to "disabled"?

Thanks for any help!
    Clint
    Last edited by TheBandit; 12-07-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Its never going to read correctly unless you use a proper manual tune! I've fooled around in raw hex on a E67 and got it to read properly but cruise doesn't work in all gears, there are a lot of parameters and switches that need to be changed going from auto to manual. No one seems to have the solution we all need!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 376FD View Post
    I have this same ece/trans setup and I actually got mine to rev to redline by going in to: fuel- cutoff,dfco- cutoff rpm vs gear and changing the values for park and neutral from 4000 to 6000rpm. My car runs to redline with no issues now.

Edit: I don't know what changed but it's back to the 4000rpm limit. I got to enjoy 6000rpm for one day.
    This thread helped me out drastically!!! For my l76 t56 240sx . I thought the crankshaft variation learn is what was limiting me. Thanks guys 😁👌🏼

Potential Tuner
    I would like to get the ecm to read the right speed but have been unsuccessful. The manual g8 is the gxp and uses a different e38 and when I got that ecm the car wouldn't start. I mightve had the vats set wrong but I didn't even see injector pulse versus when I had the vats wrong with this ecm, still showed pulse values in scanner just wouldn't start. The ecm is for an ls3 I dont know if the reluctor is different but they definitely use the same pin out (l76 and ls3)