Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: wont rev past 4000 RPM?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    its not a bug, like i said - it hasn't been added yet.
    Oh, so you are talking about two completely different things? Still confused...

its in que so maybe a week or so.

It will be under Trans, Properties, General -> ECM Trans Type
    This shows up on the older PCM's I've looked at...
    yes, the ECM Trans Type hasn't been added yet to all calibrations.

The ECM Trans Type is only for newer ECMs like E38, E67 etc. that use a TCM.

no they are two differnt things:

The one you see is "Trans Type", the new one will be called "ECM Trans Type"
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    no they are two differnt things:

The one you see is "Trans Type", the new one will be called "ECM Trans Type"
    OH! Awesome!!!

And how long for the new one

Hey Chris I thought it worth the mention that one of the issues I had with this swap initially was hanging throttle between shifts and slow return to idle but your fix seems to have also helped both of those issues big time. There is still slight hanging but its much much better and I havent touched anything else in the tune. Not sure why this is the case but regardless, Im pleased

Any update on when this will be added to the beta? I would like to try it to see if it in my swap to see if I can get my speed imput working correctly to my ECU

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Being worked on guys, theres about 150 operating systems we need to add the switches to which takes time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have this same ece/trans setup and I actually got mine to rev to redline by going in to: fuel- cutoff,dfco- cutoff rpm vs gear and changing the values for park and neutral from 4000 to 6000rpm. My car runs to redline with no issues now.

Edit: I don't know what changed but it's back to the 4000rpm limit. I got to enjoy 6000rpm for one day.
    Last edited by 376FD; 12-11-2011 at 07:23 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Newest beta has this switch added for all E38, E67 & E37 operating systems.

Tuner in Training
    The switch works fine now but I still can't rev past 4000rpm. It's pulling timing way back like it would if it hits rev limit but that's set at 6200rpm.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 376FD View Post
    The switch works fine now but I still can't rev past 4000rpm. It's pulling timing way back like it would if it hits rev limit but that's set at 6200rpm.
    I assume you adjusted the trans default tq table accordingly as well?

Advanced Tuner
    How do I get the newest beta version? And will it allow me to switch from a auto E67 to a manual? And let me remove the T42?

Also can we use a T42 and E67 to run a 4L80E?
    or
    E40 T42 to run a 4L80E?

Any update on the changes to the beta to allow this? I would really like to get my speedo working properly. I would like get a cruise control working on it and maybe some other manual transmission options that may help with fuel economy.

Potential Tuner
    same issue here on a LS3 swap with a TKO 5 Speed Manual and TBSS O.S. Tried a Write and a Write Entire with the "Manual" Switch changed over. Still doesn't wanna rev past 4000rpm. Someone please chime in who has a fix. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SS94S10 View Post
    same issue here on a LS3 swap with a TKO 5 Speed Manual and TBSS O.S. Tried a Write and a Write Entire with the "Manual" Switch changed over. Still doesn't wanna rev past 4000rpm. Someone please chime in who has a fix. Thanks.
    Have you removed all the TQ management and raised your rev limits?

Potential Tuner
    Done and Done. This one has me stumped!

I dont have my tuning laptop in front of me and I havent even looked at it since last fall so Im going off memory here. How about the park limit? IIRC theres a table for RPM limit in park or something of the like? Do you have your VSS hooked up?

Potential Tuner
    Ya all tables are set to 6500. Haven't driven the car yet to check VSS. Regardless w/ no VSS if Park/Neutral table if they are changed it should still rev to my limiter of 6500. Their has to be something I'm over looking. Thanks so far Cam.

Attachment 33432

In a scan of the car sitting and idling than burping the throttle it pulls ETC and Timing at 4000ish rpm.

Attachment 33433
    Last edited by SS94S10; 04-09-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    Yep works mint too the thing flies but its in need of timing and a/f and all that so im not beating on it much right now but a few hot passes to scare the neighbors is enough for tonight
    Would you be able to attach your tune so I can see what was done. I'm kinda having the same problem.
    TBSS harness and OS E67 ECM with an LS3 mated to a t56. Mine wont rev WOT it only opens to about 38%
    1999 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr w/2008 LS3 Corvette 6.2L mated to a t56.

Has anyone else had a problem with crank relearn with these setups? My truck is at the tuners but they didnt want to tune it with the vvt unless the crank relearn was working. They said theyve tried their modis scanner and it shows that im going 158 and in first gear. When i bring it back home tmw ill check to see how the vss is hooked up. I think my wiring harness guy had it wired into the vss pins for a manual ctsv using this ecu. I already had the newest beta and switched to trans type manual but it jever did anything. So those whom have gotten this to work does it still show that your in first?
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab
    '08 Ly6 6.0, Nx nitrous plate, TSP vvt-2 cam + more goodies, SW Longtube headers, 4l80e, CircleD 3500 stall, HPTuners, Narrowed 8.8 swap: Moser axles, 3.73 gears, disc brakes, posi. Caltracs. Afco Coilovers
    Best time [email protected] na
    LSx Swap thread http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/l...n-name-459831/

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    This is cool. Mostly because the people who have tried mating a 6 speed to a TBSS have run into the issue where the throttle wont work. Any idea for that?
    I'm having hat problem right now. I'm using a 2008 TBSS OS with an LS3 motor mated to a T56 and my throttle won't repond or accelerate the way it should. If I step on the gas pedal it dosent do anything.
    1999 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr w/2008 LS3 Corvette 6.2L mated to a t56.