Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: wont rev past 4000 RPM?

Glad to hear it worked

The default torque table is being worked on right now for all cals. I need to add a couple of others and should be good to go.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Glad to hear it worked

The default torque table is being worked on right now for all cals. I need to add a couple of others and should be good to go.

Chris...
    Will that also give us the ability to switch it to manual? As well change the way the VSS works on pin 71 and 72?

VSS you can already change, the other param is the auto trans fitted and also a couple relating to PN switch etc.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    VSS you can already change, the other param is the auto trans fitted and also a couple relating to PN switch etc.
    Where would I do that? I see where to change the VSS _output_, but not input.

ahh ok, let me look into that. Are those pins used for something else on auto vehicles?
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    ahh ok, let me look into that. Are those pins used for something else on auto vehicles?
    As far as I know, only VSS. Either direct (71 and 72) or via replicated TOS (71 only).

here is the Schematic for an 07 Escalade with the 6.2 and 4l60e, 4l80e, 6l80e. Only thing is the 6.2 only came with a 6l80e and am unsure why this diagram shows all three trans. This was AllDataPro info. 71 VSS HI and 72 VSS LO

OnDemand shows 71 as the replicated TOS and 72 as VSS lo. But also shows the other two transmissions.

yeah the TOS input doesn't seem to have any calibration required to enable it other than changing the ECM trans type to manual.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    yeah the TOS input doesn't seem to have any calibration required to enable it other than changing the ECM trans type to manual.
    Anyway to gain control of that 'switch'? Or is sending you the file the only way?

i'm adding it now
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    i'm adding it now
    Awesome! You da'man!!

Beta have it tomorrow kind of thing?

..Oh and where would I find it, so I'm not looking through everything?
    Last edited by waynehartwig; 11-17-2011 at 05:10 PM.

its in que so maybe a week or so.

It will be under Trans, Properties, General -> ECM Trans Type
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

I always seem to be the guy who runs into these issues and grunts through it then helps everyone else LOL. I wrote a how to swap LS1 article about five years back that sparked a TON of swappers off. But back then it was painful to figure out just like this dang genIV swap was. I figured it would be the same kind of deal but nope..... led to this and about a month of serious head scratching WTF's?

Anyways most importantly we got it sorted and a major thank you Chris I hope this is the last gremlin I have to deal with to get this thing dialed. Its nice out today so Im going for a cruise but this will probably be the last for the year.

Advanced Tuner

Hi Chris,
    I see it on some PCM's, but not the newer ones, like an 07 Escalade, which is one of the 6.2 VVT/6l80e rigs... If I look it up on say an 05 Silverado with the 6.0/4l80e, it's there, though...
    And if I take a 4l60 tune and select 4l80, is this all that needs to be done for the 4l80 to work without issue on the 4l60 tune?? ie no wiring swapping and etc...
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    Hi Chris,
    I see it on some PCM's, but not the newer ones, like an 07 Escalade, which is one of the 6.2 VVT/6l80e rigs... If I look it up on say an 05 Silverado with the 6.0/4l80e, it's there, though...
    And if I take a 4l60 tune and select 4l80, is this all that needs to be done for the 4l80 to work without issue on the 4l60 tune?? ie no wiring swapping and etc...
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!!!!
    The new one will be called "ECM Trans Type". As for the LS1's we decided to re-enable the trans type parameter, which primarily changes the valve body switch pattern to the 4L80e pattern (it's different to the 4L60e). HOWEVER, in some cals it may work fine with some pressure changes etc. but for others it will not as some calibrations that aren't in the editor might not be set correctly. eg. for the Holdens it seems to work ok, but the Power Mode button doesn't work anymore.

ie. your mileage may vary. This was the original reason we removed it from the editor awhile back.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Here is what I see on say an 07 Corvette and 05 Tahoe. I don't see the same ECM Trans Type on both?

(the second file has a customers name, so I didn't show the entire portion of that screen to protect his identity)

yes, the ECM Trans Type hasn't been added yet to all calibrations.

The ECM Trans Type is only for newer ECMs like E38, E67 etc. that use a TCM.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    This is cool. Mostly because the people who have tried mating a 6 speed to a TBSS have run into the issue where the throttle wont work. Any idea for that?

Advanced Tuner
    yes, the ECM Trans Type hasn't been added yet to all calibrations.

The ECM Trans Type is only for newer ECMs like E38, E67 etc. that use a TCM.
    I guess that's where I'm confused. I'm not seeing it on the newer ones, only the older LS1 truck PCM's. The 07 Corvette that I used as an example, uses an E38, but doesn't show it. The tune in the OP doesn't show it either.

Here's what I see on an 07 Escalade with the E38/T43 combo...Which is what you would see with the 6.2L and 6L80E combo...Like the OP file above.

Sorry.. Not trying to be a pain, just trying to understand it and it kind of seems like it's not working as you have planned, so I'm trying to help as it might be a bug?

its not a bug, like i said - it hasn't been added yet.
    I count sheep in hex...