Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF Engine Swaps

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jboogie67 View Post
    didn't realize it was a competition?
    no its just that crashed good engine condition gxp/redlines are already hard to find at least for me.....
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    no its just that crashed good engine condition gxp/redlines are already hard to find at least for me.....
    So? Buy the LNF from a cobalt then and steal the mounts from a 2.4na sky/solstice or order them from the dealer. Then engine block and head are the same part irrc and the difference is the mounts.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

yea but i want the trans and diff from the gxp/redline as well. full swap deal.

and for anyone who may need this vince wants 400$ for the vats disable....
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 11-15-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    and for anyone who may need this vince wants 400$ for the vats disable....im trying to work on something else for price but we will see.[/QUOTE]

Does that $400 buy vats disable AND diabling any errors from missing
    body module and abs???

frank

yes thats the one....it disregards the whole bcm which is where vats is which is the reason they wont start as a stand alone.

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Alex (cssob) are you in Florida or California? I might know of a low mileage salvaged title Sky Redline for sale that would make an excellent project car. Either that or put a little cash in it and it would be a driver since it's only got body damage, everything else is perfect. Car is in CA though.

In Fl right now after school though it's on just searchin is tough and I could do better if I reactivated my solstice forum account it's been a while though
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 11-15-2011 at 06:02 PM.

hpt has mentioned that if it is a value in the ecu that they will in the future not this immediate months have this available to us. Hpt is glad to get around to request for ecu unlocks as per the request features thread, and is possibly looking into rekindling the efforts to search for this value. If it is not there and it is required to flash the bcm to get our result they might not be able to help.

i am by no means releasing info to stir up false hopes, just stating they are thinking about looking into it again and maybe making it available to us in the future.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    hpt has mentioned that if it is a value in the ecu that they will in the future not this immediate months have this available to us. Hpt is glad to get around to request for ecu unlocks as per the request features thread, and is possibly looking into rekindling the efforts to search for this value. If it is not there and it is required to flash the bcm to get our result they might not be able to help.

i am by no means releasing info to stir up false hopes, just stating they are thinking about looking into it again and maybe making it available to us in the future.
    It's the future, any possibility of being able to do it in HPT yet?
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by larboc1 View Post
    It's the future, any possibility of being able to do it in HPT yet?
    I wouldn't hold my breath. The LNF ECU is dead in the water and there are better options out there as far as ECUs are concerned. The Buick/Opel ECU (LEA/LDK ECU) has much more control over engine parameters and has VATS control through HPT. This would be my recommendation, especially in a vehicle that would have no BCM to contend with such as a kit car or sand car.

mkriebs did you get a E39A working standalone?

I have two different LHU/LDK ECMs (E39A): Opel and Buick.
    Tried to get them working in a "kit" car without BCM, ABS, ...

None of them works without HS-CAN.
    Opel cuts throttle and boost at 2700 rpm.
    Buick cuts throttle and boost at 3100 rpm.

Yes you can disable VATS - the engine will start, but there is no power above 3000 rpm...

Advanced Tuner
    BadCop, I have not, but I was considering doing an E39A swap in my Solstice this winter, but that is some good info. I wish I knew better how that stuff worked.

Last edited by 2000Firehawk; 11-02-2015 at 07:59 AM.
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

That's a LTG crateengine including ECM with special standalone Software/OS.

You think we could use that E39A for a LNF/LDK/LHU instead of the LTG?
    Just ask because there are many differences to this "new" LTG type compared to our "old" engines?

I have to check the pinout and compare all sensors...