Thread: Narrowband vs Wideband

Advanced Tuner

Narrowband vs Wideband

I switched my car over to E85 at the beginning of the year. I was running SVO 42# injectors at the time and quickly saw that the duty cycle was over 100%. I purchased a set of 60# injectors from FIC and installed the injectors and modified the Flow Rate vs KPA based upon the sheet provided I attempted to modify the Offset table based upon tunes found in the repository.

The car starts and seems to run just fine, however, the pick up in time at the track was less than a tenth of a second and I noticed that the wideband would peg lean from 5500-7100. I used someone elses HPTuners that had there software at the track to log a run and the narrowbands showed over 900mv the entire run. I installed the wideband on my truck to make sure that the sensor wasnt the issue, and it does not seem to be, 14.5-15 @ cruise and 12.5 at WOT.

Does anyone have any idea why there would be such a huge disparity between the wide band, totally lean, and the narrowbands saying rich?

Also, I attached my tune, does anyone see anything that looks completely off that could be causing this issue? to me its clear from the log that the something has to be wrong as the car seems to fall off its pace once it hits drive...

Thanks in advance!

First thing that comes to mind is an exhaust leak near/ before the wideband. Is it in a weld bung or a clamp-on?

I prefer to tune alternate fuels to Lambda since stoich is 1.0 regardless of fuel. 14.7 afr on E85 is a lie.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    The wideband is in a weld-in bung that has been welded into the crossover in the x-pipe. There is the small possibility of a small exhaust leak, however, I would think that with the volume of exhaust being expelled at WOT this should not be an issue. ie @ part throttle/idle gauge reads correctly at WOT lean.

And yes I realize that 14.7 on the gauge is lamda regardless of fuel...

Actually, high exhaust flow can cause suction at a small leak depending where the leak is and draw in more air. Only thing I can think of, sorry. I know when I had a flange leak pre 02 it would show up more at road speed & WOT than idle.

Perhaps others will add more to help you.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    Did you re-calibrate the wideband for E85?