Thread: Scanner still dissconnecting @ WOT

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation Scanner still dissconnecting @ WOT

For what ever reason at WOT my scanner dissconnects, ive changed grounds re-did some power wires, got new terminals and still having this issue... im not sure if its the laptop or the pcm, it seems like its lossing connection with the pcm..... But at the moment i dont have another laptop to eliminate that suggestion..

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20

This happens with mine sometimes. The OBD-II connection is weak. I can only suggest finding a way to keep it secure.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    mine seems to be fine its just when i go WOT and occassionly at idle it'll do it.

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure you have a good ground, I had this issue when a chassis ground was left disconnected

Advanced Tuner
    which ground was giving you issues? the one from the battery to the chassis? or the motor to the chassis?

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20

Tuner in Training
    I had an issue similar to this. WOT, sometimes normal driving, scanner would cut out over and over.. eventually my PCM itself died randomly (not tuning or logging). Got a new one and never had another issue with it disconnecting..

Senior Tuner
    I had the same problem for the longest time. Finally my cable went out and the replacement we bought from HPTuners hasn't had the issue. I'm not sure what the problem actually was but it was enough to make you want to pull your hair out!
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005vetteTT View Post
    I had an issue similar to this. WOT, sometimes normal driving, scanner would cut out over and over.. eventually my PCM itself died randomly (not tuning or logging). Got a new one and never had another issue with it disconnecting..
    Thats exactly what mine is doing... What happened when ur pcm fried?

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20

Advanced Tuner
    Did some research and i still think its gotta be a ground issues if i needed a volatge booster it would always do it at WOT and my headlights would always dim @ wot, etc.... Could my 0 gauge wiring to my battery in the rear of the trunk be causing an issue? the ground is only 1' long coming from the battery.
    Last edited by PAT WS6; 01-23-2012 at 09:43 PM.

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I had the same problem for the longest time. Finally my cable went out and the replacement we bought from HPTuners hasn't had the issue. I'm not sure what the problem actually was but it was enough to make you want to pull your hair out!
    This can happen if you bend the cords or kinda like wrap them up when your done. No issue yet with HP but i have had other issues with "handhelds"

It was always the cable that went out. Once it was fixed good to go.