Thread: E67 no bank 2

Tuner in Training

E67 no bank 2

I'll admit, I'm very new at this and I thought I understood quite a bit.

I got my HPtuners in this week and have been trying to scan, but I'm not getting anything on bank 2 (O2, Injector, STFT, LTFT)

I've tried different configs with no luck. I've scanned my wife's 04 Tahoe and it reads bank 2 just fine, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Is there something I'm overlooking? It's a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 5.3L(LS4). No mods, and it runs good.

Attached is the log and the original tune.

Tuner in Training
    This is totally normal. I did a conversion with a ls4 in a s10 running a stock file initially. Tripped me out for a minute to.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lsxs10 View Post
    This is totally normal. I did a conversion with a ls4 in a s10 running a stock file initially. Tripped me out for a minute to.
    Great!
    I changed my config, I'm now logging O2 B1S1 and B1S2 (no bank two). STFT and LTFT Bank1 only. And Injector Bank 1 only.

One thing that threw me off a little too was I was getting Not ready signals from Evaporative System, Oxygen Sensor, and Oxygen Sensor Heater. This caused me to fail emissions.

I reset the battery, did a OBDII drive cycle and it never cleared them. So this had me worrying something was wrong with the car. But this morning my Oxygen sensor completed, so now it's just the other two that are not ready. Hopefully they'll clear up soon and I can get this inspected.

Tuner in Training
    They should clear up. They are some emmisions threads out there that would solve all your worries. I pass in the chicago area with a 700hp daily driver s10.
    With a few tune mods.

Tuner in Training
    They should clear up. They are some emmisions threads out there that would solve all your worries. I pass in the chicago area with a 700hp daily driver s10.
    With a few tune mods.
    Yep, they're clearing up. I'm down to just the Evaporative System. Which in Texas we can pass with only one Not Ready. I didn't realize that every time you flash, it resets the Once Per Trip Tests.

You're not seeing bank 2 because that engine setup only uses one O2 sensor for both banks.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Well lets see the results. You should have no problem
    Dsteck is totally correct! But he probably knew that way before me. LOL

Tuner in Training
    Well lets see the results. You should have no problem
    Dsteck is totally correct! But he probably knew that way before me. LOL
    I haven't done any tuning other than tq management, transmission, and DOD. I'm waiting on re-inspection (probably tomorrow) before I flash the ECM again.

I'll attach my latest log and the tune I plan on putting on once I get it inspected. Then keep fine tuning the MAF I guess.

Tuner in Training
    I havent checked the stock tune but there is alot left but alot to be desired at the same time. I could prolly help ya. Waited long time to see you wack it In the scan. You should see one of mine.LOL Even that I dont have to many post been reading and studing for 5 years. I'll give it a shot. You have some spark retard but i cant see your comanded vs. acc af ratio. Pe is way off. Well I for sure can say there alot left on the table!

Tuner in Training
    Haha, yeah, I logged my cruise to work to get a good average of STFT, not a lot of places I can go WOT (no real hurry to get to work either). Like I said, I haven't made any changes to air/fuel/spark yet outside of the untested tune I posted, so I know I have a long way to go. All help is GREATLY appreciated.

I've been reading for about 3 months before I pulled the trigger on this and now I'm kicking myself for not getting the pro w/ wideband.

Any suggestions on what else I should be logging? AFR commanded?

Tuner in Training
    My first question is there any modifications done to the car? It seems to be stock.
    Oops read first post again.
    It's not a total loss not having the pro. Do you have a wideband in the arsenal. AFR commanded=Yes. I like to see a tps value also.
    Your trims are so close i was thinking it was stock. Do you plan on any mods? Hp tuners has motivated me and alot of others to break out a saw and welder.
    Last edited by lsxs10; 11-09-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    None really. Just a k&n panel filter and the resonator removed.

Tuner in Training
    So it kinda just looks like some torque managment and timing. Some trans tuning and you could be set till the next round.
    Do they do a physical inspection in texas to look for cats and stuff like that? Its nice to see cat temp to see if your in the cot threshhold.
    Last edited by lsxs10; 11-09-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure why i couldnt see the tps value the other day but i see it now. I was looking for it in the graph.
    So did it pass inspection? So you can move forward. Did you lift before the 1-2 shift or was that TM takin over?

Tuner in Training
    Passed inspection!
    Tuned out most of the KR. Started today trying to dial in the MAF, but for some reason it's not reading in my config. I'm only getting counts in the 3450 and 3600 Hz cells. I'll have to backtrack through all of my changes (every change I do is a different file name) to see what I did.

In my wot runs, I don't let out until after the 1-2 change. There is some tq management left since these transmissions are notoriously weak for this engine.

Unfortunately, my laptop USB ports crapped out on me at work today. Until I get it fixed, I'll have to steal my wife's laptop tonight to make any changes.
    Last edited by wheezer; 11-11-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Nevermind. I figured it out. MAF-STFT histogram was filtered for commanded AFR. I changed the stoich for E10 gas and it was falling below the filter. Back to the grind tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Ya switching to E10 values will give ya a little work to do on the maf. Trans wise reduced shift times-Reduced force motor current-boost valve-1 to 2 shift solenoid piston will take you as far as the stock engine will take you ever. Unless you hit it with a shot or turbo it. Maybe a total of $150. Keep posting your tune and some scans. Do you have it clmaf with the ltft turned off with no dfco and all that good stuff?

Tuner in Training
    I have ltft turned off, but haven't touched the dfco. Should I turn the enable temp up so it never enables while I tune the maf?

Here's my latest log (it's long again ) I think I'm making some progress.

Tuner in Training
    Dfco can skew your maf results. I just max both temps in the oppisite directions. 493* and -40. Expect to loose some gas milage while your doing this. I presume your using averages to get the trims inline. I'll look at the scan and tune and get back to you a little later. Working on another e67 trailblazer ecu. Long steady scans are a good thing. Dang turbo seals.