Thread: 07 Saturn aura xr tune

Potential Tuner

07 Saturn aura xr tune

I have a 07 saturn aura xr and I'm looking into having a dyno tune done
    Using hp tuners. I'm only having it tuned for 87 octane and was wondering if it's worth having the tune done. I would be having the ECM and Tcm tuned. Has anyone done any 87 tunes that would give me their opinion. The only mods I have on the car is cold air intake. I'm having a 87 tune done because I have a company gas card and that's the only gas that's payed for.

Senior Tuner
    You speak of a 87 tune like it's a bad thing! Its not if your car can be tuned for it and not see KR. Regular gas will make more power than high octaine if you can run it. Regular burns fast and hot! I know that there are people that will jump all over me for that statement, and will say that their car ran better times with higher octaine, but science is science. Higher octaine means slower burn, aiding in fighting KR and is necessary in high compression engines. You should do just fine and still enjoy the car tons after it's tuned. There is much more to a tune than just your fuel
    Just my 2-cnts
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I believe the XR has a better transmission and is better equipped. Albeit, with around 10,000 more miles on the odometer. I think considering they're so similarly priced I would go with the XR.On the other hand,I have read that a large number of reports have been made in regards to the transmission in the Saturn Aura of specific model years. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has been investigating the problem since last year. Moreover,the NHTSA is also looking into other GM models constructed on the same system with the same transmission.I've read the article here: NHTSA widens probe of Saturn Aura transmission

Tuner in Training
    i did a reg gas tune on my wife's chevy HHR. it really perked it up. it was well worth the 2 credits if you ask me. i have also tuned my pontiac GTP to run on reg gas. (with meth injection) just because i can afford the $1.50/L they want for premium where i live. any tune you can do to a car is well worth it if you like the results. the best thing you can do is increase the the timing in the 0.08 to 0.48 g/cyl range. gives you much better throttle response and quicker acceleration. try to leave the WOT close to stock so you dont get knock, maybe 1 or 2* but the dyno will let you know.
    2000 GTP. 3.4", 3" ext no cat, no res. 12" brakes. 3.29 gears. and a lead foot, all make for a fun ride.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo 6A. just trying to make more power. no other mods

ASE, automotive parts technician.

Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.