Thread: Help what next

Tuner in Training

Help what next

Hello I currently am having problems with a tune on a vehicle. This may seem a little long but I am trying to be as detailed as I can possibly be so you can assist , easily and as fast as possible. The vehicle is an 04 single cab short bed Chevy Silverado. The vehicle originally came with a 4.8 and has been swapped with a 6.0 LQ9 out of an 01 Cadillac Escalade. When it was brought to me I began tuning by modifying the origininal 4.8 ecu and as I was becoming close to finishing and just fine tuning the idle the battery on the vehicle died as I was uploading a tune onto the vehicle. We determined that the computer was most likely trashed because of this and bought another. The new computer I am attempting to tune came out of a 99 Chevy Camaro with an LS1. I bought a second license after installing the computer because the other one would no longer work, but I was then able to actually view the stock Camaro tune. I then modified the tune with all of the information I had uploaded onto the tune from the other computer to where it was identical. I have fooled around with the trying to disable the VATS but still cannot change the VIN on the computer. I have put it on both NONE and SERIAL. But I am unable to change the on this computer. When VATS is on NONE it will just idle very high and with it on SERIAL it will crank but not completely idle or run. This motor does have an electonically controlled throttlebody as well. Basically the truck ran with the stock 4.8 computer and I had it almost perfect before computer went out but cannot get it to even run with this new computer.I am unsure but thinking this may be an issue with not being able to change the vin and possibly the operating system as well.

If you think it is just the vin or os issue and can just tell me how to do that it would be greatly appreciated. I have already purchased the 04 4.8 Silverado and 99 Camaro LS1 licenses and can provide both vins and any other information necessary.

NO VATS 2.2 is the tune which is on the 99 Camaro computer which I am trying to use.
    04 truck 6.0 is the stock 4.8 computer tune.

Thank you
    I have emailed this to [email protected] but no response yet

To explain the no response from support...
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36604

When you write over the vin and try to clear VATS, are you doing a write entire or a write calibrations only?
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Tuner in Training
    That did not work for me either .... I ended up just buying another computer that came out of a tahoe and it is fine now . I know I have little chance but is there a way to get your money back from the license cost spent on the original computer and the second camaro computer ? Really sucks that I had to spend 300 dollars in licenses on a single vehicle ....

Advanced Tuner
    1. There is no such thing as a 2001 Escalade.
    2. A 2004 BLUE/GREEN tune can't be used in a 99 F-body BLUE/RED PCM. The DBW would never have worked, the 03+ TAC won't communicate with the earlier PCM.
    3. No, you can't get the credits refunded. Always research what you are trying to do before spending money on credits, would have saved you here.

Use the correct PCM for the truck model, problem solved.

Custom PCM Tuning in Hollywood Ca