Thread: Opinions please

Tuner

Opinions please

Im working on a friends 99 5.3 sierra, this is really only the 3rd truck i have done and i have just got started. I pulled TQ Management, have been working on the Primary VE table. I would say im done with the idle - 4000 rpm, i just need to work on the 4000 - 6000 range. Heres what i have so far.

Tuner
    This is what i ended up with to get no KR. Seems to run better but i still dont like it, because i know its not right!

I went back to stock table and raised 2800, .6 g/cyl up to max rpm and max g/cyl, by adding 3. Also added a few degree in the lower rpm / g/cyl ranges

Tuner
    Ok so i tried to write in a 02 OS that i have to the 99 ECM in the truck, well after the write entire, it wouldnt start no matter what i done. So i then copied everything i saw different between the comparison feature and did another write entire back to the 99 OS with all the new values. It was very hard to start and had pure white smoke when i did get it started. i could hold the rpms above idle and it would run and rev, and also not smoke But it wouldnt idle and the smoke was an issue. So i loaded the stock tune back in. Only thing i didnt do was put the HPT software into Advanced mode, it was in Standard still now recalling everything.

I am lost now since this little episode, i need help!!
    Last edited by regency; 11-04-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Tuner
    No help on this??!!!! Im gettin the truck back in a few days to try and work on the stock OS

I'm far from an expert but you will get better results on this forum when you ask specific questions along with posting the three things needed: tune, log and config.

you might consider starting over
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX