Thread: help with bringing idle down to commanded value

Potential Tuner

help with bringing idle down to commanded value

hey guys, my car is running the 411pcm but it's a lt1 car. I've got it running now smoothly but am stuck with trying to figure out how to bring the idle down.

here are my mods (355 lt1/ported polished heads...233/241 .600/.600 112 HR cam, t56, 58MM TB, 48lb/hr racetronix injectors (future for NO2).

Since my FPR is vacuum regulated, I set the fuel injectors at 47.6lb/hr across the board per spec from racetronix.

on initial fire up, my tps voltage was .84 and idle counts were around 180. I elongated the TPS housing so I can get the voltage down. I got it .69v and tried it. on closed loop it settled in around 950-1000RPM which is exactly as I want. At this point, idle counts were around 100-110.

So I disconnected the tps/iac to relearn, restarted again, and it worked well. Then, I gave it some gas and then everything went back to as before, it would not come down again, idled at 1300-1450 and idle counts shot up to 180. If i restart the car and don't touch the gas, it will idle as commanded and idle counts will be around 90-100.

If I go into VCM controls and set the idle steps to 60, it works perfectly, but I'm not sure what i have to do to force that in the tune.

i've got the logs now with idle and a drive if anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to try. Logs are attached.

Potential Tuner
    the other question I have is based on the idle counts it doesn't appear I have enough idle air. So if I adjust my throttle blade a little more open, I have that option with this throttle body you can see in the pic below. that will give me more idle air and should bring the counts down, right?

Potential Tuner
    I sent an email to BBK tech support as well to see what they recommend I do here.

Potential Tuner
    I think I resolved it. I adjusted the throttle blades a little more open, reset the voltage to .67v and it idles at 950-1000 consistently now. My counts are down to 90-100 so seems to be ok.

at .67v - why did a code set for low voltage at the TPS? In my logs, it never went lower than .67v.