Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: random stalling and idle swings

just wanted to add an update to something I discovered...... with this car anyway. I wasn't seeing this problem if I let the car completely warm up idling before moving. But let it warm up to maybe 120* then moving.

I have seen the car just out of the blue when slowly backing out of the driveway start having idle swings then sometimes dies for no reason. I noticed it only does it when rolling slowly and the rolling idle and TC kick in at 2 mph. I changed both table to enable a 5 mph and disable at 4 mph. This keeps the tables from messing with the idle and sofar seems to have corrected this problem. I'll give this some time and see how it goes.
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Quote Originally Posted by printmanjackson View Post
    just wanted to add an update to something I discovered...... with this car anyway. I wasn't seeing this problem if I let the car completely warm up idling before moving. But let it warm up to maybe 120* then moving.

I have seen the car just out of the blue when slowly backing out of the driveway start having idle swings then sometimes dies for no reason. I noticed it only does it when rolling slowly and the rolling idle and TC kick in at 2 mph. I changed both table to enable a 5 mph and disable at 4 mph. This keeps the tables from messing with the idle and sofar seems to have corrected this problem. I'll give this some time and see how it goes.
    Any updates on this. I have the problem with my 408/4L80e. When it's cold, and i back out of a parking spot, the idle drops from the commanded 1100rpm to around 700rpm. And then once I'm stopped, it will go back up to the commanded idle. Your the only one on here I've seen with a similar problem. Thanks

Also I'm having the same TF problem when the return to idle dips below commanded idle speed. What did you change within the TF to soften the landing??
    Last edited by oakley6575; 02-27-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

I did what I posted and it worked. I have since raised the speed setting about 5 mph more
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Did you only touch the airflow mult. table in the TF section?
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

quote "I have seen the car just out of the blue when slowly backing out of the driveway start having idle swings then sometimes dies for no reason. I noticed it only does it when rolling slowly and the rolling idle and TC kick in at 2 mph. I changed both table to enable a 5 mph and disable at 4 mph. This keeps the tables from messing with the idle"

and "rolling idle airflow adder table"

hope this helps

you can also look at my tune
    Last edited by printmanjackson; 02-27-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    '02 Corvette