Thread: Got my car tuned by a "professional" tuner

Tuner in Training

Got my car tuned by a "professional" tuner

I had my car tuned by a local professional tuner, and after all the horror stories I have read here about tuners butchering tunes. I am still just learning about how to tune myself, and I am not sure if I should be worried. I have bought both of Greg Banish's books and DVDs

If anyone has some time to do a quick once over I would appreciate it, just to make sure I am not going to blow something up.

I have a 2010 Camaro L99 Auto, ARH longtube headers and cats, CAI Cold air kit, and a 3600 stall RPM.

Thanks

**EDIT**
    Please see 2 posts down for the file, I had originally posted the wrong tune file
    Last edited by Trackzero; 10-28-2011 at 11:11 PM.

If you compare your "tune" to the stock file you will see there was hardly anything done.

VVE and MAF are still stock only the PE was raped. Timing was just increased across the board. The trans tuning is horrible and is as close to stock as you can get since all they really did was turn of TM and disable TCC lockup until 5th gear.

Will the car blow up? prolly not. Is that tune good? not even close

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, I completely posted the wrong "after" tune file. This is the tune I got from vector (mailorder) with their cable. I was pretty unhappy with the results, and at my clubs dyno day got pulled off the dyno for running so lean. Here is the tune I actually meant to post. Again sorry for the confusion.

Advanced Tuner
    basic 'tune', didn't look at any trans tables .

i dont like the fan settings..

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I was extremely unhappy with the mail-order "tune". So i decided to get it done locally. When I got it back from my local tuner, it was shifting poorly under normal driving, and bouncing off the rev limiter at WOT. So that got me wondering what else was done poorly, this is what made me buy hptuners, and start researching this on my own.

As you can see between the two tunes, the PE is not hacked. The MAF and VVE are actually adjusted for what your car needs. There is some TM left along with line pressure adjustments.
    Last edited by 262; 10-29-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I sent you a PM, we can discuss this further, if you would like.

Pm replied. I think we are on the same page after all

What in the Sam fuck kinda shady tune is that? > talking about Vector's. Wow....
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    so how did the local tune work out? drivability wise? Im about to try to tune my own, CAI and flowmaster catback..also a 10 camaro A6