Thread: 06 TBSS 4l80E swap

Potential Tuner

06 TBSS 4l80E swap

Hi im new to hptuners.

Just recently i did a 4l70e to a 4l80e swap. I repinned the tranny harness to make the 4l80e work. i followed the pic and instructions. I also got a 4l80e segment and a tune file which belongs to an 07 tbss with a 4l80e swap also. i copy and pasted some parts of his file to my tune. the truck starts but shifts horribly in every gear. any help is greatly appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]

on this second picture do only the top part with pin S and U. Make sure you do them right or you will be reading 20mph at idle.

as for the pigtail if your wires off the pigtail are not purple and white/light green black let me know.

Purple/White on pigtail goes to TransCon Orange Pin K
    Light Green/Black on pigtail goes to TransCon Light Blue Pin V

Tuner
    info on the 6l90/80 swap into a TBSS, or other LS2 powered vehicle please post it up.......I own an 08 Trailblazer SS and would LOVE to get over 20MPG and be able to not worry about rebuilding a trans more than once when I put a blower on my truck.......THIS IS IT for the TBSS guys.....I know that all of the 08's are "CAN".....so we have the wiring to run this trans...is that correct? If it is...all we need is a modified cross member, modified drive shaft, and someone to play with the ECU.......hopefully it's only a matter of time...and if the TBSS guys can keep the stock guage bezel (instead of getting a denali/escalade) for the gear shift indicator to work like stock.

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 ss
    E-Fans*160 Stat*K@N Filter* FlowMaster Catback Duals*HP Tuned By Me USA

Tuner
    I wonder if this would work with a 05-06 Gto? Looks like I need to buy me some service manuals.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 2008 SS View Post
    info on the 6l90/80 swap into a TBSS, or other LS2 powered vehicle please post it up.......I own an 08 Trailblazer SS and would LOVE to get over 20MPG and be able to not worry about rebuilding a trans more than once when I put a blower on my truck.......THIS IS IT for the TBSS guys.....I know that all of the 08's are "CAN".....so we have the wiring to run this trans...is that correct? If it is...all we need is a modified cross member, modified drive shaft, and someone to play with the ECU.......hopefully it's only a matter of time...and if the TBSS guys can keep the stock guage bezel (instead of getting a denali/escalade) for the gear shift indicator to work like stock.

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 ss
    Look here:
    http://www.tbmsport.com/6l80gm6spdin...omponents.html
    He's posted more info over on TBSSOwners and there's a sub-forum dedicated to the swap.
    http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=303
    I'm strongly considering the 6L90E once my 4L65E blows.

Tim
    1995 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34
    2004 Honda S2000
    2007 Saab 9-7X 6.0i
    2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT, Stealth Blue

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for*good*communication.