Thread: Can I use a 85mm MAF on a 98 ECM?

Tuner

Can I use a 85mm MAF on a 98 ECM?

quick question. can this be done? I have a stock 85 mm MAF PN 25168491 with a screen that I wanted to use but seems like this is a no go. Please confirm that is true. I would like to put a bigger one on this bad girl.

thanks
    David

Senior Tuner
    Not a 98 guru, but as I understand it you can use it depending on your airflow. 98 pcm does not like the higher frequency the maf is capable of. As long as your frequency stays under the 98 limit should be fine.

Tuner
    crap, I guess I am just going to stay with the stock one until I either change the 98 to a newer style PCM or find a good MAF for this PCM.
    I just feel the stock MAF is a restriction on the set up bc it does not go to 100 Kpa at wot I believe.
    I will leave it like that and see what happens later at the track. I am planning to go within 2 weeks.

what would you do? would you look into putting a new 2002 PCM and rewire the harness? along with the Fuel level calibration thats needed.

Senior Tuner
    I see no problem with your sd setup now, no reason to need the maf. Upgrading to the newer pcm definately has its benifits, I would do it.