Thread: Out of no where> -20% LTFT and steady KR during cruising

Tuner in Training

Out of no where> -20% LTFT and steady KR during cruising

Hello,

During a highway run the other day, I was scanning to see if any changes needed to be made to my GTP due to the drop in temperatures (Canada Fall time) and all of sudden the car goes from operating fine to pulling -20% LTFT and I get KR that rises with the throttle/RPM up to a max and steady 1.93 degrees.

Audibly I heard no pinging, and the car is pretty good at letting me know and I can normally hear even <1 degree of KR.

My first guess was bad O2 sensor setting everything rich so it was pulling fuel (verified by WB reading 16-17:1). So I replaced the O2, and nothing changed.

The only other physical change to the motor was a new supercharger belt that has some slack (compared to old) and now I hear some mechanical noise on the front side of the engine.

So, question is. What do you think of the huge negative LTFTs? And if I am getting FALSE KR from 'possibly' the belt tensioner, would the PCM also react by pulling fuel?

Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Evap probably purged.

Tuner in Training
    This problem is consistant now; evap purge is temporary correct? short operation.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah purge is temporary.

Advanced Tuner
    Vacuum leak?

This might be a very long shot....
    Is it possible something clogged-up the intake filter.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE - Lazy fuel pressure regulator, replaced, all better. Combined with dying (although brand new) knock sensor.