Thread: More L61 Ecotec tables.

Tuner in Training

More L61 Ecotec tables.

I have spent the last week tuning the VE Low RPM tables to get a lean cruse of 15.4. I noticed looking at other tune files that there are Stoich AFR tables that could have made this work a lot simpler since I assume my 2005 Cavalier has the same table its just not available in HPT yet.

A temperature compensation for fuel table would be handy if its available.

FYI: The stock engine with a header seems to like 15-16 AFR, which is what Im at when I forced out closed loop with the "ECT vs Startup ECT" table. There was slight knock retard past 2500 which Im fixing by adding fuel to the VE Low RPM table so that when I go back to closed loop the timing tables wont be skewed.
    Last edited by BlurrSpeed; 10-30-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Intake Air Temperature (IAT) vs VE compensation table.

Another thing I noticed is while driving around in open loop with an IAT in the 75-90 range the AFR from my LC-1 wideband is in the range of 15-16, We had a cold front come in and the IAT was 45-50 but the AFR richened to low/mid 14s.

Logically if the main VE table did not change the amount of fuel injected into the engine would not change. So the colder denser air should register as a leaner mixture not richer. More oxygen in the leaner denser air with the same fuel equals leaner mixture, right? I conclude there must be another table that is compensating for temperature (IAT).

This could be related to barometric pressure I guess but I would not think there would be that much change for barometric pressure since I was driving in the same locations. Also barometric pressure, from what I have read, is only sampled by the MAP sensor at key on/start up. I did not check this but may look in to it during my next tuning session.
    Last edited by BlurrSpeed; 11-04-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Good luck getting tables.... Its not going to happen.....

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    Good luck getting tables.... Its not going to happen.....
    ^this, no money in it =p