Thread: power enrichment rate

Tuner in Training

power enrichment rate

is pe enrichment rate a form of raping the pe if you are not getting to commanded afr fast enough with the 2010 camaro ls3 with no acell erichment how do you controll lean spikes when stomping the throttle
    2010 camaro ls3 cnc prc ported heads.tsp 231 236x111 lsa cam.lmr cold air intake.arh 1 7/8 lt's with off road x pipe dynomax ultraflo mufflers.tranzilla tranny done by rockland standard.underdrive pulley.nitto 555 drag radials,4.11 gears asap.oh yes as of last march warrenty void

Tuner in Training
    Bump

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what is your commanded PE numbers. also when in PE at what rpm do you have it enabled at?

stock its 5000 i believe.

Advanced Tuner
    Raping the PE from what I have inferred means: Jacking up the PE table to command your "targeted" WOT AFR. Alot of newb "tuners" do not change the VE/VVE and or recalibrate the MAF sensor for the addition of new parts. Therefore they "rape" the PE table to get their targeted AFR.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    recalibrating the maf to match commanded PE is what must be done

I set the enrichment rate to 1 on everything I do. There's nothing wrong with doing that. If your airflow models (MAF and VE) are calibrated properly, and you're still getting a lean spike, then you can use the transient tables to fix it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    thanks guys thats what i thought after this weekend i am now working on my 2 bar enhanced ve .I use the short terms to calculate afr error wow what a diff in mid range torque maf zerod out. this week im going turn off short trims and go with wide band for afr ve still really lean up top and how far would you push with pe off?
    2010 camaro ls3 cnc prc ported heads.tsp 231 236x111 lsa cam.lmr cold air intake.arh 1 7/8 lt's with off road x pipe dynomax ultraflo mufflers.tranzilla tranny done by rockland standard.underdrive pulley.nitto 555 drag radials,4.11 gears asap.oh yes as of last march warrenty void

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I set the enrichment rate to 1 on everything I do. There's nothing wrong with doing that. If your airflow models (MAF and VE) are calibrated properly, and you're still getting a lean spike, then you can use the transient tables to fix it.
    you mean base gain in warmup transient or aka

(stomp comp)