Thread: 2009 VE SS A6 Auto

2009 VE SS A6 Auto

Just got a few questions about Torque Management on the A6 Auto. I've done the 4L60-E's before, but the newer 6L80's are a alot different.

My questions are, how to control torque management eg. Upshifts especially at low throttle 1-2nd gear suck so bad. It drops power etc. I want to reduce that, also smooth the shift time and pressure in the sense it's a bit sloppy and delayed.

So:

1. Torque Management: It has things like None, No Throttle, Throttle Only. Other items such as Speed Ctrl Terminate has 'torque ramp'. How do these work? There's no explaination in the HP Tuners. eg. I feel like on most upshifts it drops too much torque and then it kicks in unbalanced etc.

2. Whats the CT Downshift, Garage Shift etc? Never seen that before.

3. What does this 'Inertia' tables refer to? I'm used to KPA pressures and multiplers based on torque output. This is a bit over my head.

Any help on improving or understanding the gearbox would be great. Sorry it's just new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    My questions are, how to control torque management eg. ... also smooth the shift time and pressure in the sense it's a bit sloppy and delayed.

So:

1. Torque Management: It has things like None, No Throttle, Throttle Only. Other items such as Speed Ctrl Terminate has 'torque ramp'. How do these work? There's no explaination in the HP Tuners. eg. I feel like on most upshifts it drops too much torque and then it kicks in unbalanced etc.

2. Whats the CT Downshift, Garage Shift etc? Never seen that before.

3. What does this 'Inertia' tables refer to? I'm used to KPA pressures and multiplers based on torque output. This is a bit over my head.

Any help on improving or understanding the gearbox would be great. Sorry it's just new to me.
    1."none" is no TM at all, "no throttle" is TM only on coast down or situations where the trans shifts under "no throttle" situations. "Throttle Only" is TM only while the throttle is applied.

2.CT Downshift=Closed throttle Downshift. Can't remember Garage shift, Search it, i know i read it on here some where.

3. the inertia tables control the shift firmness. it allows you to turn this sloppy A6 into a sharp, tire chirping trans.
    2008 Silverado 2500HD
    357 rwhp 382 rwtrq tuned by me
    MODs: CAI, cut out, cat delete.
    (New Mods: Ported TB, pacesetter Long tubes, and off road Y= redynoing soon )