Thread: BCM communication

BCM communication

Hey guys what's up with this issue I have? Got a 73 chevy pickup with a 08 LY6 and 6L90E all's well but I want cruise control and tow/haul to work so I have the proper BCM that came with the 08 powertrain but it won't communicate? I'd I take my scanner and look at the inputs in the BCM then I can see them change as I request it ( tow/haul, etc) but when I look at the PCM there is no change! I know the BCM is on the can bus cause I can look at the data from it! Do I have to do a write entire with the BCM in place to get it to communicate? I programed the PCM and TCM without the BCM there in the beginning . Also I notice when I look at the OS I see the PCM and the TCM bu t there is a heading - BCC - is this supposed to be the BCM? If it is it's blank! I would really like this to work cause I have a 6000lb+ snowmobile trailer that I tow and I'm concerned about the trans ( being in normal drive pattern ) overheating/high load as I cannot tap-tow/haul into a lower gear. Cruise control would be a blessing too which is controlled by BCM! I do have all the correct BCM inputs etc it does'nt have any u codes. Any help at this point would be welcome.
    Thanks
    53 Mercury pickup triton3v V10 supercharged 150 nos 535rwhp
    71 Roadrunner gen 4 viper
    53 Chevy pickup 4x4 5.3L twin turbo

Potential Tuner
    I'm about to go down this same path with my swap. Did you make any progress on this?