Thread: Torque management help, file attached

Tuner in Training

Talking Torque management help, file attached

lol now that i have your ATTENTION i would like some help on a tune i am working on. I ts a 2001 tahoe and for now i am trying to disable all torque management for it to be able to power brake, but no luck. i have disabled all the tm i can think of but nothing! i uploaded the tune so feel free to comment and let me know what im doing wrong.....

its a stock application. stock from cai to exhaust!!!!

thanks in advance...
    Last edited by jguev; 10-15-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Senior Tuner
    its not torque management, you have it all disabled. Do a log of your timing while trying to do a "power brake", I think you will find you are hitting an area of your timing table that is less then ideal.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the help.

i did as you said, i powerbraked in drive. and i reved it in neutral just to see any difference. here it is...

Senior Tuner
    What kind of cold air kit is this? you are at almost 150 degree iat temps, your pulling 6 degrees of timing.

Tuner in Training
    heres another log. its a stock intake by the way, with a k&n filter.

powerbrake first and the neutral rev up to 3000 rps. i noticed a difference in timing. should timing while powerbraking be the same when in neutral?

Tuner in Training
    theres a stall torque pwm table but it is unchanged. could that make a difference?

Senior Tuner
    Try this file at your own risk. Do a compare with your current before you use it so you know what is changed. It is a modded version of your file so you can just do write changes. WATCH FOR KR and back out of it imediatly if you get any.

Make another log and let me know how it goes.

Tuner in Training
    I will thanks. Ill try it out tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    sorry, im waiting on my friend to swing by my house again. but today i dissabled all TQmanagement on a 04 silverado just like i did on the tahoe and worked perfectly. he said hell come this weekend so well see.....thanks a lot for the help!!!!!!!