Thread: 06+ P05 boxes apparently getting tuned?

06+ P05 boxes apparently getting tuned?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah I read about this on club gp a month or so ago, I will say v6's are a pita to support though..I'm pretty sure the 06+'s were still single segment files meaning several different operating systems for each vin number which is just an insane amount of work to try and support. Last I checked I remembered seeing 50+ master files with dozen's of sub files for each, even to this day we get 2-3 v6 defs a week while we get maybe 1 new LS1 def a YEAR. If we could do it over again I really don't think we would've done the single segment v6's as its just been too much work over the years.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 10-12-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

that's a stupid problem, i know. no idea why GM didn't segment the V6 cals. you obviously have more important stuff to work on.

i doubt that guy has the resources to reverse all the P05 OS's, maybe just GP or whatever. plus i recall he had issues writing delco boxes, delphi OK. that gives me some ideas but i don't have the time to play with them.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by vectorbundle View Post
    that's a stupid problem, i know. no idea why GM didn't segment the V6 cals. you obviously have more important stuff to work on.

i doubt that guy has the resources to reverse all the P05 OS's, maybe just GP or whatever. plus i recall he had issues writing delco boxes, delphi OK. that gives me some ideas but i don't have the time to play with them.
    When DHP was around they basically just did the newest operating system and made everyone simply update to the newest operating system or at least one they supported. We simply map them all out as they come in, its a bit of a pain but in the end we feel its right way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    When DHP was around they basically just did the newest operating system and made everyone simply update to the newest operating system or at least one they supported. We simply map them all out as they come in, its a bit of a pain but in the end we feel its right way to do it.
    the 04-05 L26/L32 cars used a P05 PCM with OS's that you support. wonder if one of these can in principle be cajoled to run an LX9. didn't look in detail but pinouts look pretty similar. firing order is difft of course, but may be possible to handle that and other position differences by moving few pins around. except the LX9 P05 pinout references blue C1 CAN bus pins 1&2, which the L26 pinout _apparently_ does not. anyway, just a thought, maybe someone wants to play with this idea...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I think several 06 guys have swapped to the 05 pcm...funny thing is our software can read the 06 pcm's even though we haven't done the read bootloader for them, comes up as a validation check error when you open the files though. We've received a few files in but right now we're so backlogged with support requests I don't see us moving forward on them any time soon.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vectorbundle View Post
    the 04-05 L26/L32 cars used a P05 PCM with OS's that you support. wonder if one of these can in principle be cajoled to run an LX9...anyway, just a thought, maybe someone wants to play with this idea...
    There's not enough people willing to repin their LX9 wiring harnesses to make it worthwhile.

A G6 customer that blew his LX9 running a turbo with no tune asked for my advice. He reappeared a few months later with a 3900/M6 swapped with wiring harness and all. Sounds like a lot of work but it was very easy compared to alternatives, since all he needed was a donor G6 with the right hardware.