Thread: Tuning flex fuel vehicles

Potential Tuner

Tuning flex fuel vehicles

Hello,
    I've been searching the internet for the last few weeks about info on tuning flex fuel vehicles and everything i find is mostly tuning cars to run on e85. what i am looking for is tuning my flex fuel truck to run better on gas and e85.

I have a 2000 2.2l s10 flex fuel. only mods are CAI and a slightly larger TB. my goal is to have a vehicle to run better on gas and E85. is it posible to tune for both or can i only tune for one and have to comprimise with the other? i dont know the tuning side of cars yet and i figure here would be the best place to learn.

Brandon Payne

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune file - I looked at a stock 2000 s10 file and didnt see much. Didnt know they had flex fuel S10s then...
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 10-12-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    i dont have hptuners but if it is posible to do what i want, ill end up getting one.
    yea, my truck's a flex fuel but it doent have a badge on it that says flex fuel.

Tuner in Training
    If you can find someone in your area that has an HPTuner it does not cost anything for them to read your ECM. Then you can post it.

I am guessing, having never looked at the flex fuel tables, that there is either seperate tables for FF or some adder tables that add fuel to the main fuel tables & adjust the spark.

Also check to see if you vehicle is supported.

Tuner in Training

Tuning flex fuel vehicles

OK Payne4life I found something for ya. I searched the tune repository & found an S10 2.2L auto that looks exactly like my 2005 Cavalier except there are some spark tables marked "(Alcohol)". I have to assume these are E85 table.Curious thing is there are not in alcohol fuel tables. This could be that HPTuners has not mapped them yet.

I posted a picture of the tables for a.

Advanced Tuner
    At least on the cavalier, the alcohol spark tables do nothing.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!