Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the benefit of the 12200411 PCM?

I'll have to find my reference for my info, I'm having a hard time finding the link. I'll get back to ya on that.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Would like to see it, will take some picts the next time I open up a 0411 and a 4895 and 4896. They come in spurts....

Well I would take your hands on experience word for it. My info came from a magazine article I read about a year ago that had info on the progress of GM automotive computers and it stated the upgrades of each computer along the way. I'm still trying to dig it up cause it was a very interesting read for sure.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Found it... GMHighTech did an article back in 2007 on flash based computers:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...s/viewall.html
    ShorTuning

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread. But I just picked up a 6.0 engine last night that came with a "411" PCM. My question is this, can I use RTT on this unit? I plan on adding a turbo to it as well. I know the MAP sensor will need to be changed.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its not so much about the hardware as it is the operating system you throw in it, I will say there are ALOT of operating systems available for that piece of hardware that are RTT compatible.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Its not so much about the hardware as it is the operating system you throw in it, I will say there are ALOT of operating systems available for that piece of hardware that are RTT compatible.
    Thank you Bill. From what I've read on the main page, it looks like I could load the 2bar and 3bar Speed Density custom OS on it. But could you help me with one thing? I understand of course I'll need two credits to unlock the PCM. Then another 2 credits for the custom OS. Will I need two more credits for RTT? For a total of 6. Or does RTT come with the 2/3bar OS?

RTT is part of the custom operating system. So only 4 credits are needed.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    RTT is part of the custom operating system. So only 4 credits are needed.
    Thanks!