Thread: Power loss at shift points

Tuner

Question Power loss at shift points

Guys, a friend has a 2010 Camaro in which we dropped the LS3 removed from my 2010 Camaro. We've disabled DOD and VVT as required (since the LS3 replaced the L99), the engine idles well and has a nice AFR across the RPM spectrum. The problem we're seeing is that the engine drops a bunch of power at shift points under normal and WOT driving conditions. I noticed in the scans that a substantial amount of timing is being pulled at those points, but I can't determine what's causing that. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Torque management, remove some up shift TM
    2008 Silverado 2500HD
    357 rwhp 382 rwtrq tuned by me
    MODs: CAI, cut out, cat delete.
    (New Mods: Ported TB, pacesetter Long tubes, and off road Y= redynoing soon )

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 08RED2500HD View Post
    Torque management, remove some up shift TM
    That's what I was suspecting...thanks a bunch

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RookieTuner View Post
    Guys, a friend has a 2010 Camaro in which we dropped the LS3 removed from my 2010 Camaro. We've disabled DOD and VVT as required (since the LS3 replaced the L99), the engine idles well and has a nice AFR across the RPM spectrum. The problem we're seeing is that the engine drops a bunch of power at shift points under normal and WOT driving conditions. I noticed in the scans that a substantial amount of timing is being pulled at those points, but I can't determine what's causing that. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    Are you seeing any ETC based reduction at the same time?

Yeah torque management.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap